In what order?

Moderator: Council of Elders

In what order?

Postby Shandrakor » 11 May 2011, 21:39

If you have a Keeper of Secrets facing off with something that has Always Strikes First like say... High Elf Swordmasters of Hoeth for example, and is down a number of wounds for whatever reason. Does the healing from wounds that the Keeper does take effect before the model would die, given that the Swordmasters swing simultaneously with it? Further, if the Keeper of Secrets was at full wounds but took enough wounds from the Swordmasters to die in one round (improbable, but for example). Would the Keeper die before it regains its wounds back?
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
User avatar Shadow Sentinel
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 11:09
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: In what order?

Postby Caitsidhe » 11 May 2011, 21:50

Shandrakor wrote:If you have a Keeper of Secrets facing off with something that has Always Strikes First like say... High Elf Swordmasters of Hoeth for example, and is down a number of wounds for whatever reason. Does the healing from wounds that the Keeper does take effect before the model would die, given that the Swordmasters swing simultaneously with it? Further, if the Keeper of Secrets was at full wounds but took enough wounds from the Swordmasters to die in one round (improbable, but for example). Would the Keeper die before it regains its wounds back?


Good question and one way out of my depth. That one probably requires a dreaded GW call or email.
Caitsidhe
Bladesinger
User avatar Bladesinger
 
Posts: 842
Joined: 12 Sep 2010, 14:19

Re: In what order?

Postby Breeze » 11 May 2011, 22:15

I would assume that since the combat is simultaneous and if The Keeper of Secrets were to be felled before the combat is over than he cannot regain the wounds. I would have to guess that he has to survive the combat in order to regain any lost wounds.

(Edit: The only dilema I see is that said Keeper has Initiative 10 no ? So even Swordmasters would be decimated by him. The only reliable option I see for Wood Elves is a Highborn wielding a Spirit Sword with a Stone of Rebirth, quite possible mounted on a regular steed to avoid thunderstomp, but even that is just hoping and praying you get a better roll than him since the only way to reliably kill him would be for you to roll a 6 and him to roll a 1 on the effects of the Spirit Sword.)
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
 
Posts: 188
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 18:06

Re: In what order?

Postby Shandrakor » 12 May 2011, 01:03

Breeze wrote:I would assume that since the combat is simultaneous and if The Keeper of Secrets were to be felled before the combat is over than he cannot regain the wounds. I would have to guess that he has to survive the combat in order to regain any lost wounds.

I don't have the exact wording in front of me (don't own the Daemon book), but I'm pretty sure he regains the wounds as they are dealt out, not at the end of combat.

Breeze wrote:the only way to reliably kill him would be for you to roll a 6 and him to roll a 1 on the effects of the Spirit Sword.)

Well, we've been talking a little about the topic of killing him here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20438

Unfortunately, the Spirit Sword is anything but reliable. :tear:
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
User avatar Shadow Sentinel
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 11:09
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: In what order?

Postby unicorn » 12 May 2011, 11:59

I can give you the answer used for ETC. All the attacks happens at the some time. So 1st - both attacks, and deals wounds. 2nd - you heal yourself.
So you take wounds and IF you do not die, you heal up again.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
User avatar LEAF Team (1)
 
Posts: 4267
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 13:12
Location: Czech republic (GMT+1 for WFO purposes)

Re: In what order?

Postby Shandrakor » 12 May 2011, 16:53

Thanks Unicorn, yeah, that makes the most sense to me.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
User avatar Shadow Sentinel
 
Posts: 2397
Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 11:09
Location: Ohio, USA


Return to The Pool of Enlightenment (Old Army Book)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron