Stomp vs War hydra beastmasters

Moderator: Council of Elders

No shadow kick
Newcomer
Newcomer

Stomp vs War hydra beastmasters

Post by No shadow kick »

Greetings!

When in close combat with the hydra with a unit of treekin, do I get to stomp the handlers?

The Dark elf AB states: "all enemies that can choose to attack them (the beastmasters) or the Hydra must allocate the attacks against the Hydra."

Stomp attacks only works vs infantry so I can't choose anything at all and they will be in base contact!

Please say yes! :p :D
Kertilien
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: Stomp vs War hydra beastmasters

Post by Kertilien »

You might have been able to try it if Stomp existed in the last edition, but it won't work now. Much like War Machine crews, handlers aren't really a unit anymore - they're treated like counters.

From Monsters and Handlers, BRB page 73:

"The handlers aren't really a combat unit per se, so we ignore them for most gaming purposes, treating the monster itself as the extent of the unit."

"In addition the handlers cannot be charged, attacked or otherwise affected separately from their monster."
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Kertilien wrote:From Monsters and Handlers, BRB page 73:

"The handlers aren't really a combat unit per se, so we ignore them for most gaming purposes, treating the monster itself as the extent of the unit."

"In addition the handlers cannot be charged, attacked or otherwise affected separately from their monster."
Exactly.
And the old rule from DE AB was completely replaced by DE FAQ, by the way...
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
No shadow kick
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by No shadow kick »

Meh, I was kinda expecting this but I had to ask anyway :p

Thank you both for your swift replies!