Glade Guard shooting in ranks?

Moderator: Council of Elders

MaxamillioN
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: wood elf

Glade Guard shooting in ranks?

Post by MaxamillioN »

Just read on GW page, tactics section for WE that Glade Guard second rank fully shoots and that 50% of every rank behind that can shoot is this correct. If so where in the Army List Book is it listed? This is a big miss by me if true?
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: Glade Guard shooting in ranks?

Post by Shandrakor »

They're both general rules for all armies in the 8th edition Warhammer main rulebook. Volley Fire is in the special rules section pg 78 and is for Bows only. This is the 50% after rank 2 get to fire, if you don't move, rule.

Fire in 2 ranks is under a heading of the same name on pg 37 of the Shooting section.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Gildesh
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: woodies and gobbos

Post by Gildesh »

interesting question. as we suffer no penalties for moving and shooting can we argue that we do not lose volley fire when we move??
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Gildesh wrote:interesting question. as we suffer no penalties for moving and shooting can we argue that we do not lose volley fire when we move??
No. Why? Because there is nothing about "suffer no penalties for moving and shooting" in our AB, if you check the rule properly ;)
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
dani1_adnan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by dani1_adnan »

Thanks for sharing this information with us. I am very impressed with your blog post. I appreciate your work. Your blog is really very informative.
Woodsinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Woodsinger »

unicorn wrote:
Gildesh wrote:interesting question. as we suffer no penalties for moving and shooting can we argue that we do not lose volley fire when we move??
No. Why? Because there is nothing about "suffer no penalties for moving and shooting" in our AB, if you check the rule properly ;)
Well technically, it says, "...the Wood Elf LONGBOWS (including magical Longbows) do not suffer the -1 to hit penalty for moving and shooting."

So unicorn is technically correct, as our ARMY doesn't have a rule that says we suffer no penalties, we just don't take the -1 to hit.

Heh, to further address your question, you can ARGUE anything you'd like! :) Unfortunately that doesn't mean it will come true! Some clubs have been giving wood elves a boost though, my club has discussed the idea of "updating" the wood elf book a bit to balance it out, but obviously there's nothing official out yet! Just a horde of internet rumours and wish lists.