Killing blow

Moderator: Council of Elders

J-Bo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Tomb Kings

Killing blow

Post by J-Bo »

Does the killing blow special rule kill an entier unit if you roll a 6 to-hit or does it just kill enemys depending on how many 6's you roll to-hit? :question: :question:
J-Bo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Killing blow

Post by J-Bo »

because i was thinking that if you roll a 6 to-hit then the unit with the killing blow special rule could just go crazy and kill every one in the unit
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

J-Bo wrote:Does the killing blow special rule kill an entier unit if you roll a 6 to-hit or does it just kill enemys depending on how many 6's you roll to-hit? :question: :question:
Each 6 kills one model (in case of charactere on the mount, it kills only character).
Killing entire multi-model unit directly (not by multiple wounds) is impossible by any mean, with only exception being that WoCh spell in case you roll 11-12 for S on 2d6.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
J-Bo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by J-Bo »

thank you unicorn, i now need to get LOADS of 'killing blow' units :evil: :evil:
Ellisthion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau

Post by Ellisthion »

Don't rely too much on Killing Blow. It's neat for assassinating Characters, but beyond that it's too unreliable. Eg: If you have 5 Wardancers w/ Bladesinger, for 11 attacks, you have a very low chance of getting more than 2 Killing Blows and a statistically ignorable chance of getting more than 3.
J-Bo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by J-Bo »

fair enough, i was just wondering because i didn't have the first clue how many people it could kill and was curious so i asked everyone
Bad Beast
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Beastmen

Post by Bad Beast »

also note that killing blow works on 6's on rolls-to-wound, not to-hit as you asked in the first post
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society