questions concerning stand and shoot + charge question

Moderator: Council of Elders

Kulgan86
Campaign Team

questions concerning stand and shoot + charge question

Post by Kulgan86 »

I'm way to lazy to do proper research today so I'm relying on the common knowledge to help me out.

Can you stand and shoot if your opponent's charge fails?
And when can't you stand and shoot? If the enemy is closer then it's Movement characteristic?

Many thanks

Lazy Kulgan
Last edited by Kulgan86 on 26 Apr 2011, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Tegalad
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: High Elves, Wood Elves

Re: questions concerning stand and shoot

Post by Tegalad »

Regardless of wether your opponent fails or makes his charge you do your stand and shoot prior to him rolling his charge.
So if he fails you still get your shots out.

In reagards to when you can't stand and shoot you are correct. You can't stand and shoot if they are within your movement value.
However taking the banner of springtide nullifies this and allows you to stand and shoot no matter how close your enemy is.

Kind regards,
Luke.
Kulgan86
Campaign Team

Re: questions concerning stand and shoot + charge question

Post by Kulgan86 »

Another question:

If we combo charge a unit with both Dryads and Treekin, do we have to ' clip ' with the Treekin because this is the only way to get as much models into B2B contact as possible?
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: questions concerning stand and shoot + charge question

Post by unicorn »

Kulgan86 wrote:If we combo charge a unit with both Dryads and Treekin, do we have to ' clip ' with the Treekin because this is the only way to get as much models into B2B contact as possible?
Yes.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5