Regrowth Question

Moderator: Council of Elders

Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Regrowth Question

Post by Breeze »

In the spells description for Regrowth it says it cannot be used to heal characters or their mounts. Is a Treeman technically a character or no ?
Caitsidhe
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: Regrowth Question

Post by Caitsidhe »

Breeze wrote:In the spells description for Regrowth it says it cannot be used to heal characters or their mounts. Is a Treeman technically a character or no ?
Normal Treemen are not. The Treeman Ancient is a Lord and thus a character.
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

A regular treeman is not a character. It is a monster. A treeman ancient on the other hand is a lord and thus a character.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

Thanks for the responses. This is awesome, so potentially a Treeman can be healed 2 or 3 wounds at least with the cast of a regrowth if it is successful (2 sinceD3+1 or D6+1 and 3 given Lifebloom if he is within 12 inches of the caster) I can imagine that this will annoy many opponents :)
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

So will casting it on Treekin.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Eru-Andon'Fang
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Eru-Andon'Fang »

Breeze wrote:... given Lifebloom if he is within 12 inches of the caster
I am fairly certain that Lifebloom can only be used on Characters and thus not on a Treeman.
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

In the explanation of Lifebloom is says it may heal the Wizard himself, or another friendly model within 12 inches. So I take that anything with more than 1 wound can be healed via Lifebloom.
~Milliardo~
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: High Elves, Wood Elves

Post by ~Milliardo~ »

From my understanding, Lifebloom can be used on characters, monsters, or even war machines, so long as it has more than one wound - in other words, it can't bring a dead model back to life, but it can heal a wounded model.
Ellisthion
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau

Post by Ellisthion »

~Milliardo~ wrote:Lifebloom [...] war machines
Wow, that's some serious cheese!

The wording's a bit tricky...

On one hand:
Rulebook! Lol! wrote:A war machine's Wounds are always considered to be equal to the number of remaining crew models [...] - the Wounds value on its profile is included only out of completeness.
...implying that the crew models are the ones with the wounds, with one each, thus no Lifebloom...

On the other hand:
Same bloody page wrote:The crew are used only to indicate the remaining number of Wounds
...implying that the crew are nothing but a visual indicator of the multiple wounds of the model... thus yes Lifebloom...

Then there's the third interpretation:
I wrote:I would like to point out that my rulebook is several inches thick, weighs a ton, and is currently being held above your Trebuchet.
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

~Milliardo~ wrote:From my understanding, Lifebloom can be used on characters, monsters, or even war machines, so long as it has more than one wound - in other words, it can't bring a dead model back to life, but it can heal a wounded model.
Your understanding is completely correct.

And that is why empire with STank and Life magic is SO much OP
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

There should be a restriction to regrowth and lifebloom that does not let it work on machines and only "living" beings, because as Unicorn said it is terribly OP to be used on a Stank which is hard enough to take down without the support of life magic.
IylanKano
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by IylanKano »

~Milliardo~ wrote:From my understanding, Lifebloom can be used on characters, monsters, or even war machines, so long as it has more than one wound - in other words, it can't bring a dead model back to life, but it can heal a wounded model.
Can Lifebloom then be used on monstrous infantry (Treekin)?
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

IylanKano wrote:Can Lifebloom then be used on monstrous infantry (Treekin)?
Yes. It can be used on any unit in the game, as long as it do not "rise" new (or already dead) models.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5