IoN, new skeletons, but no room to add...

Moderator: Council of Elders

Fikol
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: WE

IoN, new skeletons, but no room to add...

Post by Fikol »

Hi,

Here is another situation

Image,,

I raised 6 Skeletons on blue unit (in the centre), however right behind that unit there is a Corpse Cart.

How should I add 6 new models correctly?
Life is but a dream...
lune
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: woodies, building up gobbo and demon tzeentch

Re: IoN, new skeletons, but no room to add...

Post by lune »

I'd suggest to push the corpse cart a bit back so that you can place the models just as usual.
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Herald »

I, too, believe that is the proper way to do it...
KidA
Undercover Druchii

Post by KidA »

Yeah, you push models as long as there is a room for them to be pushed (impassable terrain features and table edges do prevent those). However, I'm not sure you can move enemy models and I'm inclined to think that you cannot.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

In this situation, you are quite able to move the Corpse Cart back as much as you need to in order to fit the extra models onto the back rank.

As for moving enemy models, I think that depends on what the situation is. There is nothing explicit in the rules saying that it isn't possible, but it's obviously more acceptable in some situations than others. I would suggest that if a case arose where you would be forced to move enemy models then you should discuss it with your opponent beforehand.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Fikol
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Fikol »

thank you, I will do that :)
Life is but a dream...
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

An earlier thread suggested that units attacked from the rear could not add models because there was no room and because you cannot move either the friendly unit or the enemy unit.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by unicorn »

Beithir Seun wrote:As for moving enemy models, I think that depends on what the situation is. There is nothing explicit in the rules saying that it isn't possible
That is true, but there also is the 1" apart rule. And adding models into your back rank is YOUR act, so the rule limits you, not your opponent.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:An earlier thread suggested that units attacked from the rear could not add models because there was no room and because you cannot move either the friendly unit or the enemy unit.
Can I ask you about that thread? I will like to see the argument for this, as this debate resurrect here and there again and again, and some "sum" of + and - arguments will be nice for me to have.

Only discussion I remember comes to conclusion that (because of 1" apart rule and because of the rules for moving engaged units), you CAN add the models into back rank if you are engaged, but not f it will bring that models closer that 1" to unengaged enemy models (AFAIK this is also the UKGT and for sure the ETC ruling)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Bad Beast
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Beastmen

Post by Bad Beast »

unicorn wrote:
ArchMagosAlchemys wrote:An earlier thread suggested that units attacked from the rear could not add models because there was no room and because you cannot move either the friendly unit or the enemy unit.
Can I ask you about that thread? I will like to see the argument for this, as this debate resurrect here and there again and again, and some "sum" of + and - arguments will be nice for me to have.

Only discussion I remember comes to conclusion that (because of 1" apart rule and because of the rules for moving engaged units), you CAN add the models into back rank if you are engaged, but not f it will bring that models closer that 1" to unengaged enemy models (AFAIK this is also the UKGT and for sure the ETC ruling)
The thread in question is here http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=16 ... on#p150344 (i remember it though i thought the "they can still cast it" won that debate)
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Having now read through the thread (nice find by the way Bad Beast), I think AMA (who else? ;) ) was still arguing the case when everyone else had left it :P

Anyway, the gist of the thread was that most people were of the opinion that the spell could be cast and enemy units could be moved providing that certain conditions were met regarding ranks etc. Basically, you can move enemy units you are engaged with but must still follow the normal rules for raising models (must make front rank at least 5 wide, can only add to rear rank if unit has more than one rank already, cannot come within 1" of unengaged enemy unit etc.)

However, this is all deviating from the original question of this thread. To answer Fikol's question, you are quite free to move the Corpse Cart to allow enough room for the extra models to be added to the rear rank of the unit.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Fikol
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Fikol »

got that :)

anyway we just witnessed how to prevent Vampire Count player from spamming by IoN :) however unlikely/hard the method is ;)
Life is but a dream...
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Fikol wrote:anyway we just witnessed how to prevent Vampire Count player from spamming by IoN :) however unlikely/hard the method is ;)
Very unlikely. Remember there is a VC movement phase before VC magic phase; or, in case of units already engaged from the front, there is a combat phase before the VC magic phase.

In practice, I can remember like... One? battle where this really happens. Out of several 35+ player tournaments.
Painted
Finished