Non-Assai battle report - Dwarfs vs Lizardmen

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Non-Assai battle report - Dwarfs vs Lizardmen

Post by Dragon halitosis »

Here is some fun and games from a recent game with my Dwarfs vs Emilio's Lizardman...

https://cognitionfatigue.wordpress.com

I hope you enjoy.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Non-Assai battle report - Dwarfs vs Lizardmen

Post by Billthesurly »

Random thoughts;

You see Dwarf cannons placed far away from your enemy. I see an artillery battery optimally placed to provide flanking fire down the entire length of the enemy's advancing army. It's all a matter of perspective. They both misfired on the same turn? Of course they both misfired! There were Stegadons and Razordons and Salamanders and all manner of worthy targets down range and HQ ordered up a barrage on the skirmisher Skinks in the woods.... They obviously misfired purely out of embarrassment.

Love the terrain, particularly the river running down the length of the board. Somebody had to nut up and make a decision to advance. That's usually going to be the guy being shelled by the (excellently protected) artillery.

Nothing more tragic than mostly empty large movement trays. Means the action has been "Epic" or "Heroic". Lots of dead comrades won't be drawing their beer ration tonight.

Remember: Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be merely a vulgar brawl.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Lol. I would have loved to get all the charges in... Saves on impact hits. I had no other targets when I fired at the skinks. Everything else was in melee. I knew better. I really did. But an unused cannon is a terrible waste.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

Dragon halitosis wrote: I knew better. I really did. But an unused cannon is a terrible waste.
Dwarf Master Gunner: "They want what?"
Messenger: "They said put a few rounds in the woods."
DMG: "Of all the damn foolishness. Who's orders?"
M: "Thane Drommond Einersson's."
DMG: "Einersson!?! That little dweeb ain't but 75 years old. He's barely out of diapers! Tell him to go piss up a rope!"
M: "He commands the right wing of the army and that means you and your guns too. Besides, his pa is connected."
DMG: "But there ain't nothing in there but a bunch of skinny little lizards with spitballs. It's a bloody waste of powder and shot!"
M: "That's what he said he wants."
DMG: "Look over there! That's where the action is! Look at all the targets!"
M: "They're all engaged. There's nothing else to shoot at for the moment. So he wants a barrage on the woods."
DMG: "Look son, I got a better chance of blowing a breech bushing or breaking a cap square than doing any damage to them skirmishers."
M: "Orders are orders."
DMG: "Bugger!"
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Dragon halitosis
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Yup. That sounds about right. That and everyone involved was drunk