Gamesworkshop FAIL

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Gamesworkshop FAIL

Post by hutobega »

So still waiting on my book and the special character I ordered about a week and a half ago (so much for pre order) Did games workshop really drop the ball on wood elves with this Pre order delivery...I heard in the past if some one pre ordered they basically got their stuff at their door the day or the release... this makes me a sad panda haha. (yes this is a sort of nice venting) haha Also I see that Frogboy also did not get his stuff... LETS FIGHT Games workshop! lol
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Zimmonda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Gamesworkshop FAIL

Post by Zimmonda »

I got my preorders no problem, have you contacted customer service?
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

Actually I tried to cancel my order to purchase them in the store but they said the items have already shipped. So my girlfriend checked where they were and they are in American at least... but the tracker said either then 8th or 9th. Guess I got unlucky...
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Yep really annoyed. I'm not sure fighting games workshop will help. I heard they've got a troll which they get out in them circumstances. They should give us free stuff or make Mat Ward sign our book and personally deliver it or give us a free ticket to one of their events or at least send me and email with an apology, instead of every time I ring up and ask they keep telling me the same thing. "THATS WHAT YOU SAID LAST WEEK ! ARRRRRRGH !"
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Zimmonda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Zimmonda »

Its the shippers fault at this point your items probably went to the wrong place
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

No mine is collect from store.
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Zimmonda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Zimmonda »

Which store an independent retail or a gw store
Jirin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Jirin »

Zimmonda wrote:Which store an independent retail or a gw store
Frogboy pre-ordered the LE army book, which is online only. it has to either be shipped to a local GW or to your home - Independent retailers cannot order it.
pip
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WOOD ELVES

Post by pip »

Jirin wrote:
Frogboy pre-ordered the LE army book, which is online only. it has to either be shipped to a local GW or to your home - Independent retailers cannot order it.
Actually I know several people who ordered it from an independent retailer
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

pip wrote:
Jirin wrote:
More likely, the independent retailer pre-ordered several copies and then sold those pre-orders on. It would probably have to be done with a personal account, rather than the usual trade account that retailers use.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

Mine shipped on monday so I'm hoping they'll get here soonish.
Jirin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Jirin »

Beithir Seun wrote:
pip wrote:
Jirin wrote:
More likely, the independent retailer pre-ordered several copies and then sold those pre-orders on. It would probably have to be done with a personal account, rather than the usual trade account that retailers use.
Ah, forgot about that possibility. Right right.
Maeglin
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves , Dogs of War/Empire, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, Word Bearers/Night Lords

Post by Maeglin »

Still not got my LE book either which is bad. The upside is my outburst of irrational outrage at fluff changes has ben delayed a few days. So count yourselves lucky!
Follower of the Trickster God.
Malkrit
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Malkrit »

Anyone else STILL waiting for the bloody thing? I'm incredibly dissatisfied.
Shadespyre
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Shadespyre »

No trouble getting the (normal edition) WE book, but the retailer I ordered from never got any stock of the magic cards, which is sad. And now GW seem to have RUN OUT of Glade Guard, as another retailer has had to issue me a credit note and the GW site lists them as out of stock.

So yes, GW has fumbled this badly, it seems.
Zimmonda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Zimmonda »

Shadespyre wrote:No trouble getting the (normal edition) WE book, but the retailer I ordered from never got any stock of the magic cards, which is sad. And now GW seem to have RUN OUT of Glade Guard, as another retailer has had to issue me a credit note and the GW site lists them as out of stock.

So yes, GW has fumbled this badly, it seems.
Are you using independent retailers or gw stores. If the former then its on them.....
Shadespyre
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Shadespyre »

Independents in my case - but they can't sell what GW won't/can't supply them.

Given that I'm not going to pay full GW RRP for their products, that's still sales GW have missed out on (albeit reduced sales at reduced profit). Perhaps I will now spend my £60 on another company's miniatures?
Zimmonda
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Zimmonda »

So if you wont pay for it at normal price how is it gws fault?
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Zimmonda wrote:So if you wont pay for it at normal price how is it gws fault?

Because, ultimately, it is GW who is responsible for supplying their retailers, regardless of whether they're independent.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Slobber
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Slobber »

I'm also blown away by the massive number of wood elf products that are currently out of stock. One would think that after releasing a new book they would have made sure to have plenty of everything on hand. Right now I'm searching for replacement models for Waywatchers and they will likely miss out on those sales.
I'm also surprised to see that dryads are sold out? Surely all these new/new old wood elf players aren't buying dryads!
war without fire is as worthless as sausages without mustard
Straylight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tau, Tyranids, Orks, Space Marines; Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen; Gray Company/Arnor (LotR/WotR)

Post by Straylight »

Slobber wrote:I'm also blown away by the massive number of wood elf products that are currently out of stock. One would think that after releasing a new book they would have made sure to have plenty of everything on hand. Right now I'm searching for replacement models for Waywatchers and they will likely miss out on those sales.
I'm also surprised to see that dryads are sold out? Surely all these new/new old wood elf players aren't buying dryads!
GW has... issues, let's say, with estimating their stock needs. I had some additional thoughts on this topic earlier: http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2 ... 77#p330277
frogboy wrote:I heard they've got a troll which they get out in them circumstances.
His name is Josh.
(Gravity Not Included)
irishfarmer
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: WE,Ogres

Post by irishfarmer »

I emailed GW US about the miniatures shortages. There are several I want to buy, but are not currently available. I asked them "Should I go to the internet to buy used, or are you going to be carrying these in the future?" They responded by requesting that I use the "Email me" button when they are resupplied, as GW in England has not sent them the necessary stock.

Mos Def a fail on GW's part to anticipate the demand for this army when they put out the new book. And they are no doubt so wound up in getting 40K 7th Ed out I bet it might be a while before we get them. :angry:
Track those crazy rumors and their rumor mongers!!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 48304.page
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Sorry to hear about the delay hutobega. I've done a pre order each Friday (last one was 40k) and all my stuff arrived fine. I did ship it to the local GW so if you ordered to your home address it could be a delay.

As for fighting GW, they have amazing customer service. If you end up unsatisfied you can call them to talk about it.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Straylight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tau, Tyranids, Orks, Space Marines; Wood Elves, Dwarves, Lizardmen; Gray Company/Arnor (LotR/WotR)

Post by Straylight »

irishfarmer wrote:I emailed GW US about the miniatures shortages. There are several I want to buy, but are not currently available. I asked them "Should I go to the internet to buy used, or are you going to be carrying these in the future?" They responded by requesting that I use the "Email me" button when they are resupplied, as GW in England has not sent them the necessary stock.

Mos Def a fail on GW's part to anticipate the demand for this army when they put out the new book. And they are no doubt so wound up in getting 40K 7th Ed out I bet it might be a while before we get them. :angry:
Keep in mind that if the minis are coming from a different country, exactly how long they take to show up is out of GW's control; I've heard reports of shipment sitting in limbo in customs for weeks with no explanation.
(Gravity Not Included)
Domine Nox
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Domine Nox »

It's mighty impressive Limbo this time around then. When they released the Imperial Knights they put out a notice about their customs issue and did white boxes, and forewarned people. It was then resolved within a couple days. The Wood Elf book has been out for... 2 weeks now? 3? And the entire Website has been "Temporarily Out of Stock" since day 2, as well as stores being just about barren and unable to obtain as well. Even the new stuff, the stuff that they are pushing over half of it is "Temporarily Out of Stock." By all accounts it seems they made this release and went "Psh, nobody is actually going to buy this stuff we made." I normally give them the benefit of the doubt, but the WE release has been a total dropping of the ball.