Tomb Kings in May!

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Tomb Kings in May!

Post by aPickledGinger »

About time! One step closer to our new book!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... =14300091a

-Josh
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Re: Tomb Kings in May!

Post by frogboy »

Yeah this is great news ! Looking forward to see what new stuff will come out, also the new hard books is a great idea I'm guessing all the new books will get the same treatment as the O&G book. So what comes next ? Anyone think we will get a knew book before the year is out :smoke:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by aPickledGinger »

According to Wikipedia:

Current Army Books released during 7th Edition
Beastmen February 2010
Skaven November 2009
Lizardmen February 2009
Warriors of Chaos November 2008
Dark Elves ISBN August 2008
Daemons of Chaos May 2008
Vampire Counts March 2008
High Elves November 2007
The Empire January 2007
Orcs & Goblins October 2006

Current Army Books released during 6th Edition
Dwarfs Dec 2005
Wood Elves 2005
Ogre Kingdoms 2005
Bretonnia 2004
Tomb Kings 2002

So if they are following previous years (2008) we may get two more this year. Which would probably be Ogre Kingdoms and either us or Brettonians if they follow a pattern of replacing older books first.
I wouldn't be surprised if either Bretts or Woodies went sooner as we have not seen a "good" army since Lizardmen. All we have seen is "evil" armies and now Tomb Kings which are neutral.
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I'm not sure if GW consider that when they look at their release schedule, but Brets, Wood Elves and Ogres are now the only real old lists left (Dwarfs don't count being as they got two books in one edition...)

I would imagine it would be Brets before us, but who knows? GW are getting better at keeping rumours under control, so we may not hear anything for a while...
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Hillbilly Carl
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Bretonnians

Post by Hillbilly Carl »

what I've heard is that Ogres are next after Tomb Kings and should be late summer of this year, say August. After that who knows but wood elves and bretonnians are the ones that are mentioned the most.
aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by aPickledGinger »

Hillbilly Carl wrote:what I've heard is that Ogres are next after Tomb Kings and should be late summer of this year, say August. After that who knows but wood elves and bretonnians are the ones that are mentioned the most.
I am of the same opinion hearing the same rumors. My big concern is they will bump us for a new Empire or Dwarf book. I am not sure how hot a seller wood elves are, but I know empire and dwarfs are fairly strong (especially dwarfs now that they are better than they were.)
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

But empire have got a steam tank, its just not fair and dwarfs are just beardy ! :lol:

Seriously though, i think its better when GW allow rumours to slip out, i hate surprise's

Back to Tomb Kings, theres some talk of a Spinx or something on another forum i visit, anyone know what it is or might do ? I'm guessing its either some big monterous creature or a big imobile statue which shoots fireballs out of it eyes and is imune to bow fire :thumbsup:
Hillbilly Carl
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Hillbilly Carl »

I wouldn't be shocked to see an empire or dwarf book before Wood elves, even some sort of Chaos book would be a decent bet I think.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Ogres next wouldn't surprise me. We were hearing stuff about Ogres quite a while ago (before rumours of Wood Elves at any rate...).

Like I said, my prediction would be Ogres > Brets > Us.

Originally, I said WE would get here early 2012. I still stand by that, although one can hope that the release of O&G and TK within two months of each other is a sign of things to come I don't think GW can keep up that sort of pace. I'd expect a bit of a wait until the next book (Aug/Sept) and then one more book released in time for Christmas/New Year.
aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by aPickledGinger »

Hillbilly Carl wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see an empire or dwarf book before Wood elves, even some sort of Chaos book would be a decent bet I think.
I don't agree about a Chaos army. They have revised all the Chaos Armies fairly recently (within the last three years) the only one which may need it would be beastmen and they are not that old.

I think after Tomb Kings we are probably looking at Ogres (which seems to be the general consensus) Then I think it they will focus on some good armies for a while and we will probably see Brets, Woodies, Empire or Dwarfs in that list as they are the oldest books. But then again, that is assuming GW follows a line of reason to their general game plan.
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Hillbilly Carl
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Hillbilly Carl »

I know that the chaos armies have all been done fairly recently but chaos is one of the most popular aspects of the warhammer world, it makes sense that they'd re-do daemons or warriors somewhere in the middle of the less popular books.
aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by aPickledGinger »

Hillbilly Carl wrote:I know that the chaos armies have all been done fairly recently but chaos is one of the most popular aspects of the warhammer world, it makes sense that they'd re-do daemons or warriors somewhere in the middle of the less popular books.
I could see new models perhaps, but both books are fairly strong in this edition.
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Ronean wrote:
Hillbilly Carl wrote:I know that the chaos armies have all been done fairly recently but chaos is one of the most popular aspects of the warhammer world, it makes sense that they'd re-do daemons or warriors somewhere in the middle of the less popular books.
I could see new models perhaps, but both books are fairly strong in this edition.
I would say new models are far more likely than new books. However, I still don't think it's that likely - Daemons got a whole host of new (plastic) models with their release, and I can't see them being revisited so soon. Likewise, WoC got a bunch of new models when they were released (most of the range is now available in plastic and/or new designs). Beasts are also available mostly in plastic and/or new designs - there's actually not much in the Beastmen list that they didn't revisit.
Gildesh
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: woodies and gobbos

Post by Gildesh »

i wouldn't be surprised if they made a model for one of the big beasties like the cygor or mabe the jabber as they currently have none. although they may leave these as a project for warhammer forge?
Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Mourn, Asrai - GW releases Tomb Kings this May.

Post by Aemir »

Looks like we are going to be the short-stick handler in the list of underpowered armies.

Copied from War Seer:

An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future.
The release of the army book and the first wave of new models can be expected for the 7th of May.

We have a few bits more, for example:

Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
I was going to remain anonymous, but what the heck, take with salt, I don't often get fantasy rumors from these guys.

* First Wave no new core skellies, second or third wave you will get them.
* The Screaming Skull is (as I suspected) going to be turned into a huge plastic kit much the same size as the Skaven Catapult.
* Expect a new core (Mummies)
* Chariots remain core. (Obvious but I put it out there anyway.) This puts two good looking core.
* New Tomb Guard (Obvious) Whats not obvious are the large array of options in this kit - There are bare skeleton heads in here which you can use to put on the Tomb Guard to use as core skellies or you can put some of the heads on the current skellies to spiff them up, or mix and match the two kits. Bows, Halbreds, Great weapons are options in this kit as well as HW/S
* New plastic Scorpion, various builds
* New plastic Bone Giant, various builds
* New Metal Blister Characters/Heroes (LOTS of these)
* New Plastic HQ Chariot (On of the pics on GW article shows a portion of this apparently)
* Apparently there is more of a chariot theme going throughout the book, more versions of chariots in rare, special, HQ.
* Some of these may be Wave 2 or 2.5
* I blew off everything that I heard in this post, so questions are pointless if directed at me, sorry.
* (EDIT) Forgot new cavalry models, apparently a way to make them core as well as special.

Originally Posted by Birdy
I got to recheck the models set for release in May -

There are Knights and Stalkers (each with some tombkingesq name) coming out in the one box set, which i presume are Light and Heavy cav.

There are two types of sphynx as well - I'm guessing, but I think one is magic orientated and one combat orientated. One is a warsphinx or something like that, the other a necro-something (something like necromancer) sphinx.

I don't think these are all of the models to be released either, as there were no characters/blisters listed, so probably some extra stuff as well. No skeles are (so far) in the initial release.

Topics merged ~ Beithir
Emeurade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Tomb Kings and Wood Elves

Post by Emeurade »

I am so very anxious to see what they do to the magic phase. One of my favorite things about this army is that the magic was so unique. I really hope they don't get lazy and make them normal wizards. ooooo... I really hope they keep the idea of this army. An unstoppable wave of bone and magic.
Puutarhatonttu
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Puutarhatonttu »

Ronean wrote:According to Wikipedia:

Current Army Books released during 7th Edition
Beastmen February 2010
Skaven November 2009
Lizardmen February 2009
Warriors of Chaos November 2008
Dark Elves ISBN August 2008
Daemons of Chaos May 2008
Vampire Counts March 2008
High Elves November 2007
The Empire January 2007
Orcs & Goblins October 2006

Current Army Books released during 6th Edition
Dwarfs Dec 2005
Wood Elves 2005
Ogre Kingdoms 2005
Bretonnia 2004
Tomb Kings 2002
Counting the averages:
In the whole 9 year scope there's a 1,75 book average per year.
During 6th edition it was 1,25
During 7th edition it was 2.

The amounts have been ranging from 0 to 4
During 6th from 0 to 3
During 7th from 1 to 4

So, there's a visible acceleration in the release frequency, also the amounts have gone higher. It also seems that a rush of new books tend to come within two (7th) or three (6th) of years after the release, so we have a good reason to expect a high publication rate in the near future. It has been accelerating, so four books this year seems like a fair guess. Especially considering how much the game has changed from 7th to 8th. I don't have 1st hand knowledge, but a lot more than from 6th to 7th, I guess?
ivrg
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Plays Eldar, CSM and WE at the moment.

Post by ivrg »

Dwarfs dont need a new armybook. The became a much better army with the new rules. Better warmachine rules, shoot in two ranks and dwars that charge around 10 inches instead of the old 6 inches (7+3). They got a new armybook with 8th edition ;) .

I am looking forward to seeing this sfinx thing. Will be interesting. The problem with TK now is that the skelles ör overpriced for what hey do.

And by the way. If you want to start a TK army then buy the core troops now before the move to the stratosphere in prices.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Holy ****, take a look at these:

http://www.astronomican.com/showthread. ... post355720

I think I've just wet myself from excitement...
frogboy
Elder of the Council

Post by frogboy »

Really impressive stuff ! I just seen these pics on warseer and thought they looked great. Great news for tomb king players too :) GW are really going to town with there plastic kits with plenty of weapon swaps etc a little bit daunting though, mmmm everything in the army is going to be super tough and armoured !! How are strength 3 woodies going to deal with them was one of my first thoughts ??
Plexi
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Dwarves, Orc and Goblin, High Elf, Blood Angels

Post by Plexi »

$41.25 for 10 plastic skellies...

I don't think anyone is gonna pay that for skeletons with a headdress on.
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

My game groups blog site http://thestarforge.wordpress.com/
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Beithir Seun wrote:Like I said, my prediction would be Ogres > Brets > Us.
I agree with that. Harry on Warseer has dropped a line GW is 'looking' at Wood Elves and they someone is likely working on them. 18 turn around, expect them maybe a year or two?

Is there a chaos heraldry book yet? I expect that to come out soon.

Back on track I am very excited to see Tomb Kings. The new range is very nice and I expect it will be an exciting army to play and see (especially well painted armies). Just like the O&G release, I am very excited to be playing Warhammer and am enjoying the new format/books/units.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Calindor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Calindor »

I think the new TK looks wonderful. shall be really intersting to learn about this army. Think TK get the boost they need.

My main thought was will happend to Wood Elves? What kind of new units will we get (propably a new mosnter of some kind or at least a plastic treeman), what kind of plastic (hope for eternal warriors/ wild riders)etc?
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

With the description of the Warsphinx/necrosphinks I think WE realy are gonna struggle with that one. The descrition says something in the line of: ...only a direct hit from a warmachine will be able to scratch it....thats a tough message for an army without warmachines at all. The bastard (necro) can even fly so will be hard to avoid too.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Calindor
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Calindor »

Seems it will get T8! But luckly everything wounds on a 6. The bad thing is ofc that it will propably have a good armour. But enough shoots or attacks against it should give some 6:s and faile darmour save. Worse thing is the mighty killingblow that can kill our treeman in one attack. That will be dangerous.