New Beastman rumors

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

unicorn
Walking Rulebook
Armies I play: Wood Elves

New Beastman rumors

Post by unicorn »

Well, 1st draft of Beastman rumors
Lords:
Beastlord
Great Bray Shaman
Doombull [magicial weapons and mutations only]
note- Lords can buy Chaos Armour for 10 pts

Hero's:
Wargor
Bray Shaman
Centigor

Core:
Beast Herd [rank up 5 wide]
Bestigors
Centigors [fast cav]
Warhounds

Special:
Tuskgor Chariots [2-1 choice]
Minotaurs [become core choice with Doombull]
Chaos Ogres
Dragon Ogres

Rare:
Chaos Giant
Shaggoth
Spawns
Gorgon - [stat line: M8 WS5 S5 T5 W5 I3 5A]

New rule change: If your General decides not to ambush, your general can have the chance for Beast Herd units to scout. [roll a D6]
1-2: Beast Herds are drunk and do not Scout
3-4: 1 unit of Beast Herds can Scout
5-6: 2 units of Beast Herds can Scout

New models: Bestigors, Mino's, Dragon Ogre, Shamans, Beastlord/Wargor & Gorgon.

Lords can take 100 pts of magic items & 100 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts. Hero's can take up to 50 points of magical items and 50 points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts.

Some interesting new items or Chaos Mutations/Gifts: [Mutations/Gifts can only be taken once]

* banner that turns Bestigors into Raider's like Beast Herds *
* breath gift * [breaths fire 25 pts]
* extra Two Arm Mutation * [adds +2 attacks to profile 50 pts]
* extra Horn * [adds a extra attack on the charge 20 pts]
* Hoof of Speed [double M5 model 30 pts]
* Stone Skin * [+2 to your armour save 25 pts]
* Staff of Darkoth is a bound item *
* Troll Hide * [50 pts for Regeneration]
* Unholy Beast Strength [+1S for 25 pts]
* Bloodstone Braystaff* [Arcane item that gives a +1LD to Shamans and +2 MR for 50 pts]

Spell Lores: Beasts of Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are getting there own new lores. Very close to the WoC new lores with minor change to the lists. For Tzeentch player's I was told boon of Tzeentch is in there.

Inside thoughts from play tester's are: That a Doombull with Chaos Mutations can rival a Vampire Lord as a combat character now. Plus Chaos Armour & Stone Skin give him nice protection at 2+ armour save. He expects Doombull to be the most popular Lord choice!

Also by turning the Centigors into Fast Cav there no need to add flyers into a Beast of Chaos army. Between this move and the new Gorgon & Chaos Mutations, BoC should be able to compete very well in 7th edition.

I was told that they feel this list will pretty much go to print. That Games-Workshop and play testers are all happy with the end results so far. Will post more information as I get it. As I asked for the new lores so I can play test with my friends myself.
Unicorn's conversions (updated 1st Jun)
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Bad Beast
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Beastmen

Re: New Beastman rumosr

Post by Bad Beast »

as cool and totally awesome as all of this sounds for me, some of it really sounds too good to be true, centigors becoming fast cav is awesome (means throwing axes might not be worthless on them) but chariots being 2 for 1 sounds a little good to be true since everybody else lost their 2 for 1 chariots, some of those items look great, but i'm surpirsed they didn't go closer to the WoC with it where hero's only got 25 pts of mutations

i hope this is all true, it looks great for me in, but time will tell
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
liesmith
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by liesmith »

Wow. Well, it sounds interesting. I'm glad there's a centigor hero. I really hope that they did something about the effectiveness of Bestigors and did at least something to make minotaurs a bit tougher, as they've been become a bit weak recently. Our heroes and heavy-hitters are both remarkably weak and die in droves the way things work now, and I really hope they did something about that. Also, Dragon Ogres as a special unit seems awfully silly. With them, minotaurs, and chariots all as special Beasts are going to be hard-pressed to field any strong units.

Is there any news about marks being changed? I really like the way marks work now, but it would be nice to see herds as Undivided, and have marks available to more than one Bestigor unit, especially since they are core.

Still, rumors are rumors. We'll see how things pan out; I love my Beasts and don't want to end up dissapointed. Thanks Uni :nod:

Did the info come from warseer or somewhere else?

EDIT: Oooo I see it over at Herdstone now; I always go there after Asrai :p
mkoop
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Asrai, VC, Beasts, HE, Khador, Circle

Post by mkoop »

Came from warseer
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by The King In the Woods »

I like what I see so far, especially the centigor hero and centigor's becoming fast cavalry. I remember a while ago there was a rumor for a herdstone pulled into battle by minotaurs with the ability to buff other units. Is this rumor no longer existent? Thanks for the rumors Uni! ;)
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

liesmith wrote:Is there any news about marks being changed? I really like the way marks work now, but it would be nice to see herds as Undivided, and have marks available to more than one Bestigor unit, especially since they are core.
Some minor rumoirs states that they wiill work exactly as in WoCh AB.
Painted
BSB, mounted noble, WD noble, Branchie, Alter, Treeman, 12 WR, 10 WD, 10 GR, 10 WW, 5 Dryads, 5 WhR, 6 Tk, Altar of Khaine
Finished
Treeman, 10 WD, dragon lord, Alter, 9 WhR, 5 GR, DE sin, OK Butcher, Beast heroes x5
Wolf_Brother
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Eldar

Post by Wolf_Brother »

I'm looking forward to the Gorgon. Depending on how much it costs and the drawbacks that go with it, that could be one excellent choice. The statline is certainly nice.
"Roland told him what they could do about it. In the telling, he violated as many commandments as he could without a sculptor's tools or somebody else's wife handy. The sergeant, accustomed to language, stared in goggle-eyed admiration." -- From Opening Atlantis by Harry Turtledove
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

mkoop wrote:Came from warseer
ahem, I would FULLY like to correct this statement.

99.9% of warseer is useless garbage or whining. It came from 'General of Chaos', the nagathai-ish equivalent on the Herdstone. He got the information from a playtester. I believe he would post anything erronious.

So I'm going on a limb saying these aren't rumours; more a sneak preview.

Anways sorry if it sounds like it, but I'm not flaming just pointing out how meaningless warseer is.

I think it's the much needed unit-hole-plugging, punch, and fancy gear the Beasts need. They are my second army and reading this made me excited to play them in 9 months.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Draketh Firewind
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: 40K: Eldar, Space Wolves, Necrons Warhammer: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos, Skaven

Post by Draketh Firewind »

Personally with the knowledge that they ARE being redone and released within a year I may just put off the lizardmen army that I was thinking of collecting. :D

I'm really happy about the fact they'll have there magic items all filled out instead of trying to use the half a armoury compared to others that we had, I never really had a problem with the lists since my style of army was based upon the raiding rule. :sexy: . But no since this is all happening I think it's time to actually start start collecting them as it'll be a while before they come out and I really don't want to lose interest in them like I do with other armies when I wait. :D
Mamimi Samejima from FLCL wrote:He who conquers the left side conquers the world chief
Haruko Haruhara from FLCL wrote:It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.
Supporter of the Rammie Spirit
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

I have a weakness for a Minotaur/Doombull army. I could be tempted.
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Bad Beast
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Bad Beast »

the down side to these rumors of course is that I'll end up playing my wood elves less, as beastmen are, and have always been my favorite army.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I could very easily be tempted by a Beastman army. I've always had a soft spot for them, and once I finish uni I'll have more time (not to mention money...) for a new army....

That is of course if I finish my Goblins in time <.<
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Viper
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Woodsies, Greenskins, Beastmen.

Post by Viper »

The Beastman player in me is really happy at the sound of these rumours...but the Orc and Goblin player is screaming about yet another army book that has nothing like the disadvantages of the O&G one. <.<
Hearing stories of playtesters makes me really think that they must have only got playtesters who didn't give a damn about Orcs and Goblins, the army is far from unplayable but you need to work your arse off to minimise the effects of Animosity, and no 2 - 1 on wolf chariots when High Elves and now Beasts both have 2 for 1 chariots. :confused:
The King In the Woods
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by The King In the Woods »

I'm pretty sure HE do not have 2-1 chariots. At least I'm pretty sure the lion chariot doesn't have a 2-1 choice, but that's the only chariot anyone ever uses so... :roll: :lol:
Wins-26 Draws-0 Losses-1
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

High Elves don't have 2 for 1 chariots at all. They did in the 6th Edition book, but I'm fairly certain that was totally removed.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Wolf_Brother
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Wolf_Brother »

GW seems to be pulling away from 2-1 choices. They had to make a rule so highelves can still take two RBTs and an eagle.

I must say that starting a BoC army is becoming more and more tempting. Especially if the new Mino and Dragon Ogre minis are good. I would love Dragon ogres that look like the Shaggoth.
"Roland told him what they could do about it. In the telling, he violated as many commandments as he could without a sculptor's tools or somebody else's wife handy. The sergeant, accustomed to language, stared in goggle-eyed admiration." -- From Opening Atlantis by Harry Turtledove
Way Watcher
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood elves, High elves, Brets, considering Skaven, Gobbos

Post by Way Watcher »

HE most definitely do not have 2 for 1 chariots, whether you're talking about lion chariots or tiranoc chariots. They also lost 2 for 1 RBTs and eagles when 7th ed. came around, though now they have twice as many rare slots as everyone else.

Honestly I think it's good that beasts are getting a bit of a buff, they have been pretty weak recently. I must say I'm not really tempted by a beasts army, if I started anything new I would probably go for skaven or goblins.
~ Way Watcher
The Virgin Forest wrote:BTW: Most memorable use of treekin was when they sandwiched a full unit of phoenix guards containing an archmage with a treeman up the rear :cool:
unicorn
Walking Rulebook

Post by unicorn »

Viper wrote:...and no 2 - 1 on wolf chariots when High Elves and now Beasts both have 2 for 1 chariots. :confused:
Well, do you REALLY think that 2-for-1-special Beastmans will have is any better that "1-for-1-core" they have right now..? :eek: I think it is really significant downgrade...
Painted
Finished
liesmith
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by liesmith »

Not to mention your chariots will end up vying with Dragon Ogres and Minotaurs for those special slots. It kind of limits the hard-hitters of the army unless you take the now seemingly mandatory Doombull at 2k plus to free up specials. Hopefully the chariots will get a bit of a boost for going to special, but maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.

Gah, I can't wait! I want a new Beasts armybook nowwwww!
Dracos
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Asrai, Chaos

Post by Dracos »

Now this just might be the Monster army I've been looking for :ninja:

Minotaurs in the middle, Dragon Ogres in the hinge, and Centigors on the flanks :cool: Gives me a nice list of Monsters without all being of one type :smoke:
The People of the Elven Nations are not to be compared to the filthy Hordes of lesser beings.
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

I may very well pic up Beasts as my next all new fantasy army.
I would like to have an army lead by a big pissed of Werebear! :D
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Wolf_Brother
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Wolf_Brother »

GW really needs to branch out into were-creatures. They're just so cool. If they ever bring Dogs of War back they should make some nice units like shapeshifting werewolves and Norse Werebears. Perhaps a were-cat from Ind or Khuresh. Maybe a true naga (half-snake/half-human) in the next lizardman book.

Any news on when the BoC book comes out? Did it jump Skaven?
The Virgin Forest
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: WoC, WE and VC and working on 40K DH

Post by The Virgin Forest »

I believe the loathsome ratmen were next in line last time I paid attention to the rumours.

The beasts sounds tempting, but I've got my WE skirmish army, my WoC elite monster/cavalry, and my VC ranked regiments. So I'm not sure I could find a spot for them to fill, other than ebaying off my WoC – thank god for my SO to keep my ridiculous purchases of minis in check ;)
– it is said that the apples of Athel Loren gain their deep red hue from the blood of its enemies soaking the ground.
liesmith
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by liesmith »

Same here, TVF. I almost bought a Tomb Kings army a few weeks ago, and my significant other pulled out all my Beasts and said, "paint these first!"

And we all know that will never happen....
Dracos
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Asrai, Chaos

Post by Dracos »

liesmith wrote:I almost bought a Tomb Kings army a few weeks ago, and my significant other pulled out all my Beasts and said, "paint these first!"

And we all know that will never happen....
:lol: :lol: :lol: Mine was the same way when I started talking about a Monster army . . . poof . . . all my Empire models appeared on the hobby table :wasted:
The People of the Elven Nations are not to be compared to the filthy Hordes of lesser beings.