New Hour of the wolf story in ulthuan.net

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

New Hour of the wolf story in ulthuan.net

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Here is is: http://ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25854 Written by VictorK, wonderful as all his other stories.

There should be more stories coming soon.

As a personal sidenote I feel quite bad, for I expected this story for 2 years and I was taken my position of Sahdow Prince, of Herald of Alith Anar by Confused Counselor´s character. :cry: :cry:

Oh. The character of Rammie is mentioned in the story.
For the Shadow King!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: New Hour of the wolf story in ulthuan.net

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Athel Loren has become a warzone, devastated by the predations of chaos and the druchii and only around 1/3 of the asrai remain there. Most have fleed and are around Karak Eight Peaks.
For the Shadow King!
Mist Walker
Campaign Team
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Slaanesh WoC

Post by Mist Walker »

Would it be possible for a link to the introductory fluff to the campaign, or a thread giving an overview. I've just spent half an hour looking and haven't found it yet.
Blood runs, Anger rises, Death wakes, War calls
Aryel
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: WHF: HE, DE / MORD: SW, DE / DBA: Greeks, Gauls, Romans, Germans

Post by Aryel »

Mist Walker wrote:Would it be possible for a link to the introductory fluff to the campaign, or a thread giving an overview. I've just spent half an hour looking and haven't found it yet.

Have fun reading :)
"Thou shall observe a lazy day every Tuesday afternoon!"
Rageth
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Lizardmen and Wood Elves

Post by Rageth »

Is it possibility that because of the Campaign, the Asrai will get elimanated as a new book :cry: :cry: :cry: ?Or am just very confused? Someone point me in the right direction.

Rageth

There's no such thing as a bad army, only ones that take longer to get used to.
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

this is a completely unofficial campaign. The events that led up to this involved Malekith taking over Ulthuan... when Caledor 1 (or secnd, I thought the first was the mage) was still about. So this has no impact upon GW fluff, it's just nice stuff.

And besides, WE are really popular, they wouldn't get rid of them, we make GW too much money in models :smirk:
matthew_swifty
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood elves, Eldar, Bretonnians

Post by matthew_swifty »

Mist Walker wrote:And besides, WE are really popular, they wouldn't get rid of them, we make GW too much money in models :smirk:
At least GW got something right :P They understand the qualities of a good army through the amount of money they earn... <.<
Im going to read the rest of this in a salt mine, while eating salt.
Ramesesis wrote:None of that sissy picking what mini that suits my purposes for each game wankering stuff! NO!!!
I worship Jesus at the pub. Thats why i'm filled with the spirit.
Rageth
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Lizardmen and Wood Elves

Post by Rageth »

OMG, I was freaked out for a sec their :smirk: . Thanks for making that clear :)

Rageth

There's no such thing as a bad army, only ones that take longer to get used to.
Elbereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Daemons, Warriors

Post by Elbereth »

Looks like the first piece of fiction is up regarding the new campaign. I can't wait! Last time was such a blast...

Fingers crossed for an asrai contignent led by the wise and mighty Nag and Hyarion!!! (well when I say wise and mighty...)

:D
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing, sing, sing,
Ding-a-ling-a-ling.
--Baldrick, Blackadder Goes Forth
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Elbereth wrote:Looks like the first piece of fiction is up regarding the new campaign. I can't wait! Last time was such a blast...

Fingers crossed for an asrai contignent led by the wise and mighty Nag and Hyarion!!! (well when I say wise and mighty...)

:D

Great! Last time was brilliant so I have no doubt the next one will be even better.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Friends. The story about the Doomed House of Caelnalin and the birth of the Alfbluts is to be finalized this time.

As some of you know, in the first campaign, my Character, Caerntharn, a young Caledorian noble, was my main character. In the second, he returned after a period of absence when his younger brother became the first Orion. However, the line of Caelnalin was always deeply attached to Khaine, altough stout loyalists, and they preserved a family traditions, where the nobler aspects of Khaine as the God of the Mighty warrior was in focus.
It was a tradition that revolved around stern discipline to harness the power of Khaine and wield it with focus and control, rather than releasing it outright.
However, centuries of war and bloodshed had worn down Caerntharns mind to such an extent that he started to seek death increasingly.

In the end, he found it, duelling a Manticore high in the mountains.

The line of Caelnalin was continued among the trees of Loren, but it is unknown what became of them and now, they are most likely as mad and crazed as the other spirits of that realm is.

However, what is not known is that Caerntharn left his trace among the race of men during his absence. The family of Alfblut have a legend about a woman, who alone in the woods, hunted by orcs, got saved by a lone elven knight in red armour. The elf fought and killed all the orcs, but was himself very mauled and wounded. The woman took him home to the lodge she shared with her elderly parents and they nursed the elf back to health.
For many years, the elf stayed with them and him and the young woman fell in love. A son was born. One day, however, the elf felt he must leave. He told about the great war that all knew raged between dwarf and elf. Now, his blood called him back, for his brother had "moved further".

He then took a small pendant and broke it in two and said to the woman and the boy that they should always pass on their piece from generation to generation. For one day, he might come back, or more likely, some relative of him. And then, the pendant would be united.

Well, soon friends, the pendant will be one again. Caerntharn died but he left one child, who now is a bit old, but have decided the time is right for the pendant to be joined again.
Soon, the children of Mathi Alfblut will recive an odd visitor. :wink:
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Really Rammie? I think that in this new campaign there will only be druchii and chaos but if you side with your beloved Khainites or if there are the traitors who call themselves elves and fled east chasing a fools dream and you chose to join them...

I will be eager to face you, and most probably extinguish your line once and for all to prove Lord Anar the worth of the tru elves.

I shall side with the defenders of Ulthuan this time, with the true elves I mean.
As for official fluff I have some expectatives to appear in the official fluff as the leader of the true elves who will reclaim Athel Anar for its rightful ruler.

I think you will be interested in this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles ... ark_Empire
For the Shadow King!
Mist Walker
Campaign Team

Post by Mist Walker »

No, it will include everyone somehow. It wouldn't be a great campaign if it didn't.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Mist Walker wrote:No, it will include everyone somehow. It wouldn't be a great campaign if it didn't.
I am not very sure Mistwalker. Remember all the problems caused by the swarms of players that we were last campaign and the faction balances that the Lores had to make constantly. Apart from it I have been talking with Guy (Voodoomaster) and Victor (ViktorK) and all the fluff so far only hints towards Ulthuan.

I told Guy my character (Shadow warrior) would try to get allies in the rats, or even between the asrai or the remnants of Sarthailor and he thought that difficult.

I think there will only be druchii and chaos (with maybe some bits of the cult of asuryan).
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Narmo, play it cool with them lores. Just an advice.

Stop making so much incredible stuff up for your characters. Just keep it simple. Mine is simple enough, but you seemingly did not get how he will be involved, and he will.
My character has a personal grudge against Alith Anar and will go to war to avenge dead kin, if that means fighting with the druchii, so be it.
And stop this nonsense about true elves and true rulers. Alith Anar run away himself. He also betrayed ALL elven heritage by siding with chaos. There is no excuse for that. None. He acted out of pure egoism and Alith is the BIG villain in this timeline.
You do realize there is no mitigating factor for allying with chaos? He has betrayed the heritage of Aenarion and all the elves have fought for by siding with chaos. That he casts out the druchii will not bring life back to Ulthuan, it will destroy the world totally.
Alith Anar is a big whiner, acting like an egocentric child who cannot see eye to eye, but must destroy everything for if he cannot have it, none shall have it!

I guess this will be my pointer for you all which side to fight for in this campaign.
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I don´t understand you Rammie. What I want is simple. Anar will attack Ulthuan. I just want to retake Athel Anar.

As for my iew in the events I will post later.
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Why always trying to make such a big show with your character, that is the problem Narmo. You always wants be important, to be noted in the fluff. That is a problem.
Just play a normal shadow bashing it up with Anar. Do not involve skavens. Why would they care about Ulthuan when they can run amok in the old world?
As for asrais, forget it. Forget the remaining asrai and their forest spirit friend. They are all stark raving mad now and not to be talked to. And why would any Sarthalior elf wanna join an elf that has joined chaos, chaos that have destroyed their world?

And there are no remains of Sarthalior elves in what was Sarthalior. They are somewhere else, with the druchii or... yeah, you never know. Or they are in the Reik and I can tell you a Chaos elf is NOT welcome there.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Anar is not very different from the canon Malekith. As taken from the new druchii armybook:

The dark elves became as harsh and unrelenting as their new realm, with no tohiughts for peace or forgiveness. Hatred for their kin on Ulthuan at first and later for all things, has been the frozen fire that burns in the hearts of the dark elves, sustaining them through the hardships they have endured.

This is no tuer than with Malekith, who thirsts for power. Sustained by dark sorcery, the Witch King has ever turned his gaze to the glittering isle of the elves. Where once he demanded justice for himself and his people, now only a true cruel thirst for vengeance remains. Malekith would see the world destroyed before he accepts another to sit upon the Phoenix Throne.

By the way, today is my birthday
For the Shadow King!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

A new story and a great one. Slaanesh is going to eat a lost elven god. Lileath arrives to save him tired os Isha weeping for her children. Lileath is defeated but flees with the elven god after injuring Slaanesh.

Rare but beautiful.

I nearly feel tempted to play a druchii follower of the new elven dark gods...
For the Shadow King!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I have started to work to organise chaos.

I return from my exile. Soon a new campaign will start in ulthuan.net. maybe around january or so Chaos will see its last battle. There have been 4 linked campaigns in Ulthuan.net and this year will close all.

Chaos has ruined the old world, destroyed the elven kingdom of sarthailor, the dwarven empire and razed the druchik capital there after making Athel Loren become mad.

Now Alith Anar, chaos everchosen heads to the east, to Ulthuan to destroy the vortex and therefore usher the world in blood. Chaos will prevail and the gods shall find a new playground. And Anar will eliminate any remain of Malekith.

But we need a good leader. All of the last campaign are lost.

-Marixis which was the first I thought in told Rammie he might even be in the same side, and Rammie will play druchii.

-Exquisite Evil is gone.

-Ashanri Doomsong left chaos.

-Myself: I don´t want any kind of command. Just share Anars fate in the oficial fluff.

-Night Knight and Confused Counselor? Maybe.

I am looking for a good leader for chaos. I want to win this one for it´s the big prize for chaos and Anar.

If you consider yourself a good leader simply reply here.

-Good analitical map skills.
-Possibility of being late in the MSN to coordinate battle groups.
-Daily post of orders.
-Good diplomatic skills to avoid internal chaos.

That is what I think we need.

Lets win this for the great 4. Lets fight for the Shadow King.

Narmo Eressea, aspirant to Anar´s favour.

I posted this in the 3 chaos sites: Demonic legions, beast herd, chaos dwarf forums; and in druchii.net (cult of slaanesh). Let´s hope someone worthy appears.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/cotec/index. ... topic=3711
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showt ... p?tid=3306
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/i ... topic=5006
http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/in ... opic=15597
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=704584#704584
For the Shadow King!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Gah! This will be a hard decision - to follow Chaos and Alith Anar or to join the Druchii, both of whom I fought so vigorously against in the Hour of the Wolf...
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Beithir Seun wrote:Gah! This will be a hard decision - to follow Chaos and Alith Anar or to join the Druchii, both of whom I fought so vigorously against in the Hour of the Wolf...
You could always join the druchii and state in your fluff that you are a follower of the Cult of Asuryan, after all in the last ficition by Victor, Lileath fought Slaanesh and saved Khaine from being consumed.
For the Shadow King!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Chaos has a new leader, or should I say an old one?

As for Chaos, I'd be honored to be the Overlord. I would, however, need some dedicated advisors/captains to keep things smooth and clean. Let's see how things go.

- Marixis
For the Shadow King!
Elbereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Daemons, Warriors

Post by Elbereth »

Beithir, you can't leave the Wild Hunt! You were one of the leaders of the Eagle kindred and one of the few people to know the insides of Skavenblight... :D

Anybody know if the asrai will be making a come back in the new campaign. I haven't been able to find any evidence of it.
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing, sing, sing,
Ding-a-ling-a-ling.
--Baldrick, Blackadder Goes Forth
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

They wont. It will be the battle for Ulthuan