New Hour of the wolf story in ulthuan.net

For threads that relate to Non-Asrai Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, Warmaster or any other wargame.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: New Hour of the wolf story in ulthuan.net

Post by Beithir Seun »

Narmo Eressea wrote:They wont. It will be the battle for Ulthuan

You don't know that for certain.

But you're probably right <.<

With Sarthailor no longer in existence, it might be hard for the Wild Hunt to get involved.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Asrai, lizardmen, Bretonnia vampire Counts, Tau, Imperial guard

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I know for I have talked with the Lores about it.
For the Shadow King!
Elbereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Daemons, Warriors

Post by Elbereth »

Rats...
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing, sing, sing,
Ding-a-ling-a-ling.
--Baldrick, Blackadder Goes Forth
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Elbereth wrote:Rats...

Erm...what?
For the Shadow King!
Elbereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Elbereth »

1. rats
  • 2. An expression of discontent. See also damn or ....
Just expressing my discontent with the asrai not participating in the new campaign. Looks like the true elves of Ulthuan, under Saarin, will be the ones to fight Anar. Can't wait!
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing, sing, sing,
Ding-a-ling-a-ling.
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Post by Ramesesis »

Take heart asrais!
A lone avenger, the long forgotten son of Caertharn Caelnalin will return from his lonely existence, both to avenge the death of his human kin, Mathi Alfblut, and the destruction of Sarthalior. Gathering other followers as he moves through the devastated land, slaying petty minions of chaos like Narmo left and right, he will get a ship and sail for Ulthuan. Somehow, in his possession is also the fabled banner of the first Homeguard of Sarthalior AND the Banner of Tor Caeln.

We can for a real badass, mean and vengeful crew, wanting nothing but kicking Aliths arse and making Morathi regret she ever started to follow slaanesh when she falls in our hands!
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I thought you referes to skavens as I always call them rats.

@Rammie: I like your fluff Rammie but there is somthing that from my point of view fails. Imagine your might elven lord carrying proudful the banner of the Homeguard goes west to Ulthuan and says: I am Caertharn Caelnalin and I have come here to kill the scum of chaos... He would survive for maybe 3 seconds before being killed. The problem with that character is that its an asur, and if any came to Ulthuan he would be killed.

Why don´t you make him better a member of the cult of asuryan? That are the druchii who still worship the old god and fight the cult of slaanesh in the island, maybe that could fit better.

And the gods seem to be returning, after all we have seen Lileath (the lioness) fight Slaanesh to save another elven god from being consumed (which I think was Khaine).
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Well, he is not Caerntharn. He is Caerntharns son and has mostly lived the life of a ranger until now.

And you fail too remember there have been other elves active that seems to come from elsewhere, Narmo. For once, there was a story last campaign when a party of pilgrims to the Shrine of Khaine are attacked by "asurs". They have previously found the armour of Aenarion, but now it is siezed by the attackers who also activates all the runes inscribed upon it, not just the runes of Khaine.

Second, there where third party elves that attacked and saved Sarthalior prisoners form a druchii column, and took them... elsewhere.

Third, there is also a story about druchiis intercepting a mixed column of refugees heading for the Reikland, lets the humans and the dwarves keep going but takes the elves. However, they offer the elves to return home and fight together with them for Ulthuan.

You have clearly not been keeping up with all the fluff Narmo.

And VM have said my fluff was interesting and plausible.
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

And you fail too remember there have been other elves active that seems to come from elsewhere, Narmo. For once, there was a story last campaign when a party of pilgrims to the Shrine of Khaine are attacked by "asurs". They have previously found the armour of Aenarion, but now it is siezed by the attackers who also activates all the runes inscribed upon it, not just the runes of Khaine.

Of course. They are those who followed the Evrcoward to the East. The last asur who live in the east. But they attacked the druchii, they did not help them.

Second, there where third party elves that attacked and saved Sarthalior prisoners form a druchii column, and took them... elsewhere.

Same as above. Members of the cult of Asuryan (druchii members) working with the last asur and they took them to the east.

Third, there is also a story about druchiis intercepting a mixed column of refugees heading for the Reikland, lets the humans and the dwarves keep going but takes the elves. However, they offer the elves to return home and fight together with them for Ulthuan.

I dont remember that one. According to what Guy has told me the remenants of Sarthailor went east and are in the grey mountains near a dwarf hold.

And VM have said my fluff was interesting and plausible.

If he said that, go for it. I just said I don´t think an elf arriving from Sarthailor would live much after he arrived to Ulthuan.
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

And I am not going to argue with you about it, for it is clear you have made up your mind. But you half-contradict yourself by saying first that the Elves of the East attacked the druchiis and then you say they worked together with the Cult of Asuryan.
So are they fighting all druchiis or are co-operating? Make up your mind?
And if you put this stories in order, you will find that the second story takes place late in the war, so it seems as if the elves of the East have joined forces with the Cult of Asuryan, maybe in order to be able to stand against Chaos.

And do you honestly think the druchiis would say no to elven mercenaries that are willing to fight for them? No, not even the druchiis of these alternative storyline are that narrowminded.

As for calling the Everqueen the Evercoward, step out of character and look at it. What purpose would it have served for her to die in Sarthalior? By moving eastward, she gave a chance for the asurs to regain strength and live to fight another day. That is how most guerilla movements have ever managed to triumph, not by standing and dying, but by fleeing when it is proper, hide to regain strength and prepare to fight again another day.

And if you belive you have been told everything, I feel for sure you are WRONG. If Guy told you everything he knew, it would give you enough knowledge to destroy this campaign, like you almost did the last one.

So I will tell you this. STOP. IT. NOW. Stop chasing the lores trying to get more space in fluff for your precious character, stop trying to control events. And stop trying to get information about what will come and all that. Do as the rest of us! WAIT. AND. SEE!

And by the way...
What mandate do you have to appoint an Overlord of Chaos? Just like that? Above the head of all other players? Maybe there is a young fellow out there that you have not heard of, but that is the best leader Chaos can get? But no, you go after known names, trying to steer the campaign your way, so Alith Anar will destroy the World.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Narmo Eressea wrote:If he said that, go for it. I just said I don´t think an elf arriving from Sarthailor would live much after he arrived to Ulthuan.
It's not like he's going to turn up alone Narmo. Let Rammie have his fluff - his seems far more plausible to me than your ambitious plot :smirk:

And Rammie, if you are out for revenge for the destruction of Sarthailor I'm with you all the way.
Last edited by Beithir Seun on 28 Aug 2008, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

And do you honestly think the druchiis would say no to elven mercenaries that are willing to fight for them? No, not even the druchiis of these alternative storyline are that narrowminded.

Do you honestly see the Khaine loyalists collaborating with the asur?

And if you belive you have been told everything, I feel for sure you are WRONG. If Guy told you everything he knew, it would give you enough knowledge to destroy this campaign, like you almost did the last one.

Of course Guy is not the only one I talked: Lethalis, Lord of the Night, Victor... each one told me a bit with which I formed the bigger picture. And don´t wrong things. Nothing I did ruined the campaign. And of course getting fluff information does not ruin anything.

So I will tell you this. STOP. IT. NOW. Stop chasing the lores trying to get more space in fluff for your precious character, stop trying to control events. And stop trying to get information about what will come and all that. Do as the rest of us! WAIT. AND. SEE!

NO. THANKS.

And by the way...
What mandate do you have to appoint an Overlord of Chaos? Just like that? Above the head of all other players? Maybe there is a young fellow out there that you have not heard of, but that is the best leader Chaos can get? But no, you go after known names, trying to steer the campaign your way, so Alith Anar will destroy the World.[/quote]

Of course I want to win. Don´t you play to win? And I go for known names for it is known and proofed they were good last campaign, and know the mechanics so would be good leaders. And I have "no mandate". Obvioulsy the leaders will be elected by chaos as whole. But I will recruit players in the different chaos forums. So even if anyone gives me the right to elect a faction leader, noone has the right to object me trying to organise chaos.
For the Shadow King!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Beithir Seun wrote:
Narmo Eressea wrote:If he said that, go for it. I just said I don´t think an elf arriving from Sarthailor would live much after he arrived to Ulthuan.
It's not like he's going to turn up alone Narmo. Let Rammie have his fluff - his seems far more plausible to me than your ambitious plot :smirk:

And Rammie, if you are out for revenge for the destruction of Sarthailor I'm with you all the way.[/quote]

Well Beithir. I supposed that. Rammies general is followed by an army and probably some asur/asrai players will play druchii/cult of auryan/whatever.

To say the truth even myself contemplate sometimes the possibility of joining the druchii and make a warrior who is a zealot follower of the Cytharai goddess of the wild hunt.
For the Shadow King!
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Narmo, you should once again... wait and see.

And do not use bold like that, and please use the quote function properly.

Many do not want to be told lots in advance, and we want a fun campaign, not a WAAC campaign like the one you are after. On the whole, I feel your attitude is so much into Win or Loose, and you cannot accept something else.

And yes, you did help ruin the climate in last campaign. Why on earth did you think you got band for? Can you even imagine the vollies of accusations flying back and forth, all the suspicions levelled against others as people looked after another one of your accounts? Or that how everyone sort of belived there where still cheaters out there.

Stop trying to defend yourself, Arturo. It does not do any good. There comes a time when one has to accept ones guilt freely and move forward from that point. You have not accepted, and I cannot sense a true regret from you. It feels more like you are frustrated about us others not understanding you. Well, I get those feelings every so often when I discuss the WE and how I feel they are getting further away from the army I hoped to create and be succesful with.

Now, I got to admit that my buddy upped the stakes with his VC, unwithingly perhaps, but still that was what he did.

My son did not like my two EG unit, and against others, they are good. But belive me, they suck against the new VC. The VC can simply take so much more powerdice and can raise new warriors so easily, nothing is easy anymore. Zombies falls like weath, but when he sends in large units of sword and board skellies you´re in trouble...
However, I have a hard time accepting he has raised the stakes to a tournament level, from having been playing at a relatively modest level of magic and to follow him, I am forced to make choices I do not want to make.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I am arrogance incarnate. After all I play elves no? :D

How does the Quoting function work? I just used the quote button and it acted strangely. As for campaign, as I said i will not cheat but I want to win and nothing shall change that. But i will not trespass lines not to be crossed this time.

And I don´t want to discuss more with you. With Bob of Yvresse or Elileth I would loose the dogs but with you for my part the argument is over. Each of us have our point of view.
For the Shadow King!
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher

Post by Beithir Seun »

Narmo Eressea wrote:I am arrogance incarnate. After all I play elves no? :D
So do the rest of us, but it doesn't mean we flaunt our arrogance...
As for campaign, as I said i will not cheat but I want to win and nothing shall change that. But i will not trespass lines not to be crossed this time.

All I can say is that it hasn't stopped you in the past. You have broken more rules than most people even knew existed and have caused far more trouble than you're worth. Don't do it again and stop trying to stir up trouble. I can't believe the Lores have entrusted you with much more information than the rest of us after the havoc you caused last time Narmo.
Facade19
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Facade19 »

Rammie, I was wondering whether you had problems accessing ulthuan.net too?
Each time I try to enter the website my ISP informs that I cannot connect to the server/web address.
Is it just me or does that include you too?
Thanks!
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

Its being updated by Burning Sun.
For the Shadow King!
Facade19
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Facade19 »

Thanks Narmo.
Hey why don't you come back?
I for one always welcome you with open arms! :nod:
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Them updates all the time. Yeah, I could not go there either...
Is it running now?
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

I am still banned Facade. And it does not go yet Rammie.
For the Shadow King!
Elbereth
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Elbereth »

Besides the dark elves and high elves, are there any other races participating?
Hear the words I sing,
War's a horrid thing,
So I sing, sing, sing,
Ding-a-ling-a-ling.
Narmo Eressea
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Narmo Eressea »

High elves? :confused: Chaos will be there.
For the Shadow King!
Facade19
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Facade19 »

Narmo, I thought you were banned only for a certain amount of time.
It has been over a year now, if I recall correctly, when they official announced your ban.
I really judged the ban to be no more than 2 months, what happened?
Rammie, I still cannot access the server. I wonder what BurningSun is doing.
The amount of downtime leads be to presume that it must be something amazing, a brand new skin??? :evil:
One can only wonder! :paranoid:
Ramesesis
Elder of the Council

Post by Ramesesis »

Well, lets hope it is something amazing and that it is not something sinister... The site have been shut down before, way back in history, due to virus attacks.