Starting a new army

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

barefootian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Starting a new army

Post by barefootian »

I've recently come back to warhammerer and have decided to start a wood elf army. Looking to play both 8th and AoS so have chosen the following units as I like the look of them and can create a narrative for them:
1 x Spellsinger
1 x Waystalker

12-16 x Glade guards depending on arrows

3 x Warhawks riders
5 x wild riders

9 x waywatchers

With extras and command etc they come to 1000 puts so small enough to learn things but still big enough for variation. For AoS I'm going to point out in 8th then just use them for now.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Starting a new army

Post by Billthesurly »

Sounds like a plan. If you're doing 8th ed (or 9th ed) you need 250pts worth of core. I think your 12-16 Glade Guards make the cut if you give them a musician and some added on arrows. As for the rest? Collect and add as you wish. That seems to be the beauty of AoS.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Cernunnos
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: AAAARRRGGGHHH!! too many to mention!!

Re: Starting a new army

Post by Cernunnos »

Welcome aboard young fella me lad!!! good to see another WE player starting!!
looks good so far!!

If you've not got them yet, http://www.battlezone-miniatures.co.uk/ ... tegory/195
have nice and cheap Warhawk riders. Getting a lord on an eagle and a couple of great eagles is a nice way to backup that unit.

check out ebay, as there's always some bargins to be had. Oh, another good unit would be wardancers adn don't let the comp people fool you, Dryads can still pack a bit of a punch.
Proud owner of Ltd Wood Elves book 446