Returned

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

OceanSolitude
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Just wood elves for now

Returned

Post by OceanSolitude »

I have an army and haven't played in years. I don't even know if I have the right rule book anymore. I have the mini rule book that came in the box set. My army book is from 2010ish. My army is in storage, but we recently moved somewhere with a GW store and want to get back into playing a bit in a couple months once we settle down. What does the current book look like? What about the rule book?
I like painting and building terrain too.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Returned

Post by Billthesurly »

Wow. You've got some catching up to do. 8th Edition Warhammer is currently in play but in about a week a completely new rule set called Age of Sigmar (AoS) is due to be released. It is a completely new game concept that plays a lot like Warmachine or Warhammer 40K and you can read something of it on this thread http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28791
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
OceanSolitude
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by OceanSolitude »

I figured I was totally out of the loop!
Thanks for that link. I'll read about the new rules.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

If you want to return to 8th edition, you'll need to get an armybook second hand off ebay because I don't believe the GW Webstore sells them anymore.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

OceanSolitude
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by OceanSolitude »

Whoa, I just read the rules. So different!
Once we get settled I'll have to give it a try.
In the version I played, models had to be a certain percentage gw parts. Does anyone know if that's still true? I made some treekin with spare dryad parts and green stuff. Would I be able to use them?
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Yeah if the rest of your army is GW then a few things converted (and from GW stuff too) shouldn't be that much of a problem for anyway.
Rebel Jai
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: WH40K: Tau 4100, Black Templar 2500, Necrons 2000

Post by Rebel Jai »

Welcome back, OS.

Age of Sigmar does not use points or percentages to compile an army list. Simply bring the units you want, and use the War Scrolls for them. Minimum sized units still exist (like one unit of Treekin is 3+ for example). You also have the option to use other units from other factions if you whish (like Reaper Bolt Throwers from High Elf War Scrolls). This is a good time to return to Fantasy.
"We Elves are long-lived, but the evil in the world expands beyond time" ~ Elder Lib'ran Truthsayer.
Follow me @Rebel_jay