Back from 15 years of gaming absence ^^

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Swift Guardian
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets, Wood Elves

Back from 15 years of gaming absence ^^

Post by Swift Guardian »

Heyho guys ^^

I've been browsing through this nice piece of work for quite a while now and finally I'm participating :-)

I've startet playing warhammer fantasy quite a while ago with my beloved bret's (15 years something ).. now I'm reactivating this hobby and hopefully find some old skills in the back of my head :-D
I was always interested in playing wood elves because of the nice models and the mystic fluff ..
but I couldn't manage 2 army's at once cause of "gold" reasons :cry:

Finally I'll start over with a beautiful new wood elve army ^^ - since my brets are quite useless and lost with their old army book <.<

happy to be here and looking forward to having lots of fun ^^
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: Back from 15 years of gaming absence ^^

Post by Aezeal »

Hey, welcome.

You might want to know that 9th edition is coming and it's not sure what will happen with all the armies... as much as I like to see more WE around.. you MIGHT want to dig into the rumors around 9th before you invest cash. For example: it's said that all elven armies will be combined.. so it's hard to tell what units will remain as they currently are (personally I'm not buy (much) till I see the elven army in 9th).
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

Indeed it might be worthwhile waiting until the new rule set comes out but until then dont be afraid to start with the core things such as characters, glade guard, waywatchers or glade riders. Even if they only have an elf specific army you will still be able to run these units (albeit possibly by a different name)

Plus we have some beautiful character models. So start slow, paint what you want and welcome to wood elves and back to warhammer
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Blackcat wrote:Indeed it might be worthwhile waiting until the new rule set comes out but until then dont be afraid to start with the core things such as characters, glade guard, waywatchers or glade riders. Even if they only have an elf specific army you will still be able to run these units (albeit possibly by a different name)

Plus we have some beautiful character models. So start slow, paint what you want and welcome to wood elves and back to warhammer
We have a lot of good looking models I agree, and I have NO doubt people with a WE army will be able to use most of their models.

BUT: the new elven army might/ probably has a different look than the current races (it makes sense.. gives more incentive to buy new stuff which is what GW needs). SO if you are starting... I'd personally wait till the new army is out.. it's a personal opinion.. but having 2 different looks in an army could be considered suboptimal.
Swift Guardian
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Brets, Wood Elves

Post by Swift Guardian »

Alright .. I've been to a GW in my city and I've been told that Wild Riders/Sisters won't be sold as we know them .. the stags won't be in those boxes anymore :-(
what a shame .. those were really beautiful models :-(
Maeglin
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves , Dogs of War/Empire, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, Word Bearers/Night Lords

Post by Maeglin »

The Stags are on the same sprues so that's worrying!
Follower of the Trickster God.