Greetings & Salutations

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

HouseofGinaz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Bretonnia

Greetings & Salutations

Post by HouseofGinaz »

Greetings & Salutations

From Cold Norway I have started a Wood Elf Army and looking forward to getting to know people here.
I'm very interested in WE fluff, have read through the army book couple of times. The history and all the diversity in kinbands and culture in Athel loren is very customizable which is why I was drawn to WE in addition to the great fluff.

Have to say that I'm withholding purchasing anything from GW until 9th edition is out and I can make an informed decision on what's going to happen with WE. I don't believe all the rumors, but at this point with no refutation from GW on the whole "entire world is destroyed everyone live in bubbles now" how can one be sure?

So I'm buying assembled stuff from ebay atm.

Going for a Noble House of Arranoc that is called "The House of Ginaz" that controls world roots to Nippon, and as such I'm thinking of painting cheesy waywatcher ninjas, samurai wardancers and whatnot. Hoping to get some good tips on fluff and lists as I build my army and contribute to this forum. Also looking for painting tips with regards to summer themed wood elves, if anyone has any blogs, tips or galleries please do share ;)

So far I have

10 Wildwood Rangers
10 Wardances w/command
1 Spellsinger
1 Shadowdancer

Other than that play a lot of board games, flames of war and card games. My friend got a blog at http://www.wargaming.no if anyone is interested :)
Last edited by HouseofGinaz on 30 Mar 2015, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
razorfate
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: Greetings & Salutations

Post by razorfate »

Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to your ninjas' photos:)
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Hello and welcome :)
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
NonnoSte
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: All kind of Elves.

Post by NonnoSte »

Welcome,
I'm also really interested in your army developments.

If you're not focused on GW models at all cost, there are wonderful nipponic fighters from Wyrd Miniatures.
Basically all the Ten Thunder faction of Malifaux has great models, including Archers with long bows.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

You do know the swordmasters are a highelf unit right? (You know why I'm saying this I hope).

Having said that.. I think you are right delaying purchases. And don't start with those cartoon models from Malifaux, support GW when 9th hits :D.

I think a mostly black painted army will look nice, not sure how that combines with the summer themed elves though.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

Smart decision to hold off until 9th edition comes out.

It's nice to meet someone else whose sword was first blooded on Grumman. At some point when you feel like your converting skills are up to par, you need to convert a swordmaster character.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

HouseofGinaz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HouseofGinaz »

Thanks for the welcome :D
NonnoSte wrote:Welcome,
I'm also really interested in your army developments.

If you're not focused on GW models at all cost, there are wonderful nipponic fighters from Wyrd Miniatures.
Basically all the Ten Thunder faction of Malifaux has great models, including Archers with long bows.
Thanks, those Ten Thunderers Archers looks awesome, but so does the glade guard. Doesn't hurt having luxury of choice :)
So the shadowdancer that I just bought is this model
Zenit Miniatures Kensei

Just hoping the model is not too small or too big in comparison with the wardancers. Just need to slap on some elf ears and he is good to go.

@Aezeal & Hyarion
Hell yeah the sleeper has awoken! :sexy: Yeah the HE Swordmasters of Hoeth would probably be a better representation of the Ginaz Swordmasters than wardancers. But I'm just so stuck Dune lore and fluff right now (especially the Butlerian Jihad) and my group already plays HE so I want to add a new army. Converting a true swordmaster sounds like a fun project, but for now I'm just going with the Kensei above as I'm not that good a painter/converter :o

If I had the skills I would have gone for Desert Elves, a combination of Fremen and the desert elves from Elf Quest :)
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

I know that 6th edition and 7th edition tactics can be quite different from 8th edition (and likely 9th edition) but everything I learned about how to be successful in Warhammer I got from the original Dune book the rest is just application.

Rule 1: There is no combat without movement.
Rule 2: When in doubt, lasguns. :ninja:
Rule 3: Don't forget rule 2.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

HouseofGinaz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by HouseofGinaz »

Hyarion wrote:I know that 6th edition and 7th edition tactics can be quite different from 8th edition (and likely 9th edition) but everything I learned about how to be successful in Warhammer I got from the original Dune book the rest is just application.

Rule 1: There is no combat without movement.
Rule 2: When in doubt, lasguns. :ninja:
Rule 3: Don't forget rule 2.
Nice to meet a fellow Dune fans, there are too few of us compared to the SW and ST gangs. :)