First Warhammer army in years...

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Aeion
Newcomer
Newcomer

First Warhammer army in years...

Post by Aeion »

Hello all,

Very cool to be registering for a new forum. I'm mostly a sculptor and painter the moment (in my spare time) and less of a gamer. I've just bought the start of a Wood Elf army and I'm eagerly awaiting the new Warhammer changes this summer before I even start constructing them.

I've been in the hobby for 20 years bang on now, my first Warhammer armies were Bretonnians & Lizardmen, and the first real army outside of the starter box was Wood Elves (when the first Orion and Ariel came out in metal in the mid 90's)

I have a sculpting blog where I occasionally sell casts of my stuff. I've also licensed out a lot of sculpts to Anvil Industry and also Troll Forged in the US.

http://miniaturesofthenorth.blogspot.co.uk/

Probably wont have a modelling thread for a while here but when it comes there will be plenty of sculpting and conversions!

I'm off the explore more of this forum and then start cleaning up the mini's so they're ready for construction:

- Glade Guard (should get two regiments of 10 if I sculpt 4 new sets of legs)
- Eternal Guard
- Glade Riders
- Dryads (ordered 1 regiment but GW accidentally sent me 2! So I've got 24 in total)
- Giant Eagles (from the Hobbit range, 2)

Planning on sculpting my own treemen, treekin and characters... oh and finishing the army by the end of this year!
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Re: First Warhammer army in years...

Post by nXken »

Please remind me NOT to visit your plog/wip -threat :)

I always feel bad when I see the true potential of an artist on a mini that I myself completely screw over :)

Otherwise... Welcome to the jungle ;-)
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Git
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs & Goblins, Skaven

Post by Git »

Aeion wrote:if I sculpt 4 new sets of legs
Saying that all casual and relaxed... It's infuriating!
Sort of. ;)

Welcome, I look forward to see your work. I'm not much of a sculptor myself, but I've started to sculpt a Troll and I have considered making some legs for the glade guard torsos myself. I will have to practice a lot before I get to small parts and details though.
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

Sculpting eh? I just barely get past converting. I can take material away from a figure - putting it back in a creative and attractive fashion? not so much. Welcome to the woods.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Aezeal
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Aezeal »

Git wrote:
Aeion wrote:if I sculpt 4 new sets of legs
Saying that all casual and relaxed... It's infuriating!
Sort of. ;)

Welcome, I look forward to see your work. I'm not much of a sculptor myself, but I've started to sculpt a Troll and I have considered making some legs for the glade guard torsos myself. I will have to practice a lot before I get to small parts and details though.
Yeah it is.. if we only have about 10 parts x2 of the treeman trunk and joints I think we could get 3 treeman out of the single kit... (I guess it might be a bit more)

I with I could cheaply get my hand on those missing parts.