Greetings!

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Kubsloth
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Warhammer wood elves

Greetings!

Post by Kubsloth »

Hello everyone!

My name is Kuba, and i chose the name Kubsloth as it gives the elvish feel to my name. I'm 30 years old and I'm from Poland.
I work as a sales manager for a company that sells and builds swimming pools. I concider myself as rather artistic and impulsive and that is what drew me to Wood Eves. I used to play ulthuan kin 15 years ago, but those days are long gone and whats left is respect for the race and urge for unpredictlebness. I started my Wood Elves army 3 months ago and my target is to build an army that can withstand any foe who dares to enter the forest. My fantasy friends from the past and I clash every weekend since november to prove who is worthy. I face orcs and goblins, dark elves and Warriors of Chaos, but there are more to come. Using well my spare time I managed to bring around 700 ready for war and painted points so far being: 14 glade guard, 8 deepwood scouts, 10 eternal guard, 1 great eagle and a branchwraight and 30 Glade guadrd 8 glade riders 12 dryads 3 tree kin, 1 eagle, and Araloth are waiting in line for the 1500+ points goal to be completed as I aim for speed and shooting army. Despite of all the trash talk about the eternal guard I concider them as a very reliable core and looking at the new models makes me think of them as my favourites (WS 5,high LD, Always strike first and forest stalker + the looks, come on, no one has this for 11pts per model). My hands down favourite in the whole warhammer must be the waywatchers which are my next step after completing what I listed above, but new waywatcher models are highly anticipated though. I'm aiming to paint my army in all season colours. I already have the summer feel glade guard, the autoumn deepwood scouts and a white featherd great eagle, and my next idea is to paint a unit of 14 glade guard in frosty blue and white colours made entirely of those corpses with boobs from the bits as I want to create a winter themed female hail of doom arrows squad to bring as much variety as possible. I found this website by myself looking for some tactics against orcs and goblins who enter to battle an insane amount of models for 700 points that I have and are hard to shoot down with what I have. I have't seen a LEAF article database thingy yet but I'll check it it out as soon as I finish this, but I went through a sneak preview of Forum Rules & Guidelines. I really like that people put effort to create the community that brings us together in the hobby thats why i joined asrai.org. the site seems kind of hard to getabout comparing to user friendly sites that we browse nowdays but i dont think of it as anything bad, I hope ill get used to it quickly.
My dark secret is something I wouldnt tell my girlfriend for example, and that is the fact that instead of watching series to fall asleep, and watching news during breakfast I constantly check out WE tactics and battle reports that go far beyond my current army's power to find the best path of development in the game. I did not notice the missing 13th question but if it considers my personal life feel free to ask! I hope I will learn for the sake of my Elves and contribute the most of my growing experience. Nice to meet you all!
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Re: Greetings!

Post by Blackcat »

Hi,

Welcome to asrai.org. You'll find plenty of useful information on this site and everyone is pretty friendly. Honestly this is probably the best website for a specific race as it has the most dedicated players. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Blackcat