Greetings

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Hamarin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, WofC, Ogre Kingdoms, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Demons, Nids

Greetings

Post by Hamarin »

Hi all,

So on whim today I brought myself a Wood Elves army which does make three now!

Warriors of Chaos my first army but after many games finding them one dimensional, then brought Ogre Kingdoms bit like WofC, small model count & combat focused.

Was thinking O&G but really didn't want a horde focused army, so Wood Elves sealed the deal & with a room full of pointy eared types, more on order & lighter wallet.

We are good to go I'm currently working towards a 2500 pt army, I shall visit the forum pages to grab tips on tactics, building list for WE.

I'm a semi competitive player, also like the fluff & will be focusing my army on the models I like as well as game ability & background.

So that's all for now folks!

Stay safe!
May your arrows fly true!
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: Greetings

Post by Billthesurly »

Mae govannon Hamerin. Your decision to go from Chaos and Ogres to Wood Elves proves that you have a very open mind and are not afraid of a complete 180 in game philosophy. If you are the type of player that I think you might be I suspect that the Wood Elves will become your favorite army.
Bonne chance.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Hamarin
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, WofC, Ogre Kingdoms, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Demons, Nids

Re: Greetings

Post by Hamarin »

Billthesurly wrote:Mae govannon Hamerin. Your decision to go from Chaos and Ogres to Wood Elves proves that you have a very open mind and are not afraid of a complete 180 in game philosophy. If you are the type of player that I think you might be I suspect that the Wood Elves will become your favorite army.
Bonne chance.
Many thanks for the reply I'm already loving the synergy of the wood elves, think playing the WE will raise my tactical game cause if you make a mistake with elves you'll get punished.

With WofC & OK they have the ability to take a pounding & still come out the better.

My favourites so far are

Waywatchers (bet that's a surprise lol)
Wild riders love the models
Deep wood scouts
Glade guard

But being a big DnD & LoftR fan no surprise there, I'm thinking I might get myself the box set of 3x tree men & dryads at some point & branch wraiths.

Stay safe!
May your arrows fly true!