New to the Woods

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

New to the Woods

Post by yanchusart »

Greetings!

My name is Dylan and I am at the beginning of my new adventure- Wood Elves. I have played Mordheim off and on over the years while many of my friends have played Warhammer Fantasy and 40K. I am pretty familiar with the game and am very driven on playing, both for "business and pleasure".

I am looking for a challenge and that is one of the many reasons I chose Wood Elves. I have just begun the daunting task of painting all of my units, and studying them as I go. Starting with my Glade Guard, I plan on finishing one unit before moving onto the next. I have about 60-65 Glade Guard that I have been working on and I have about 20 left to paint. I am going for a "Autumn theme" and my dominant colors are red, orange and yellow of course.

I plan on reading/studying as much as I can; this forum seems to be quite a wealth of knowledge so I plan to use it to my advantage.

So long story short, thanks for having me and until our paths cross, all the best.

Dylan
nXken
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: WE

Re: New to the Woods

Post by nXken »

Welcome home Dylan!

Hope to read lots from you.

Also, don't forget to post your pictures, WIP's, idea's for conversions in the Meadow of Arts.
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

Thanks nXken! I will be sure to add some photos, WIP's etc.
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by paralee »

So what kind of an army you thought about shooty? Mixed? fast cav? As for ur excisting units i would go for shooty army u can make some glade guard as waywatchers and watch how armored foes get flush down the toilet.
yanchusart
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by yanchusart »

To tell you the truth paralee, I haven't fully decided yet. I was fortunate enough to purchase a huge lot of models for a fraction of the retail cost.

I have Eagles, Glade Guard, Glade Riders, Eternal Guard/wild wood rangers, wadancers, sisters of the thorn/wild riders, waywatchers, dryads, Orion, treeman/dhurthu, sisters of twilight on a dragon, glade lord- all of which I have at least 20-30 of each (except treeman, Orion, etc).

I also picked Wood Elves because I really enjoy their appearance and I love to paint. I am by no means an expert, but I enjoy everything Wood Elves. I am doing as much research as I can while I take my time painting before I can develop a "starter" roster.
paralee
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by paralee »

I prefer mixed army myself (some eternal guard for anvil Wild riders for hammer and shooting +magic to back it up and add some more hammers an glass cannon(orion ;D) treemen work fine for both anvil and hammer. Waywatchers will rape all units relying in armor u Can use GG for scouts WW and glade scouts.