New player to the game: Wood Elves!! :)

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Barby007
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

New player to the game: Wood Elves!! :)

Post by Barby007 »

Hi everyone :D !! I'm Barby & I live in Pembroke Pines, Florida. I love gaming & love mythology so I figured I'd start playing Warhammer Fantasy since it's both!! I LOVE elves & found Wood Elves to be the most appealing to me even though there are Dark Elves & High Elves. When I think of Elves I think of the forest, hunters, Dragon Age, etc. I don't think of them as chariot riding or castle owning. I also see them as a force majority made up of good & not so much evil. I recently posted on how to start building my Wood Elves army. Any advice is always welcomed. I currently only own the Wood Elves army book. No models yet. I would also love to learn about Wood Elves lore! Please advise as to what books or websites have Wood Elves lore, or even share some lore information with me. I look forward to all the amazing ideas & information & to making friends with whom to play a couple if games with. *hug*

Barby :p
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: New player to the game: Wood Elves!! :)

Post by Billthesurly »

Your reason for choosing Wood Elves is just about perfect as you will probably continue to love them even if they aren't the most powerful army in the world - and they aren't half bad at all. Welcome to the woods.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

yes welcome to the woods. I think i already replied on some other post you made about what to get in your lists. This forum will help you make some sound decisions but without playing and seeing what units can do it'll all come in time what you think is best.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
Barby007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Barby007 »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I just made my first Wood Elves purchase today! I'm so excited! Picked up 2 units and a spellweaver just to learn the mechanics of the game. Will keep posted. Also, I love the aesthetics and lore of wood elves so win or lose I'm happy! I just want to have a good time playing what I enjoy. I don't want to totally suck though. Lol

Thanks,
Barby
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Good luck to ya!

I like your attitude, more players should be like that. Let us know how it goes with painting and playing.
Tuladin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnians, Orcs, Dwarves

Post by Tuladin »

Welcome to the woods. Just be prepared. This hobby is going to cost you a fortune :)
Barby007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Barby007 »

Tuladin wrote:Welcome to the woods. Just be prepared. This hobby is going to cost you a fortune :)
I definitely see that. I'm $200 in already and have 3 units and a hero. Lol
Tuladin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnians, Orcs, Dwarves

Post by Tuladin »

LOL. It didn't used to be so bad. 5-6 years ago everything was half the cost. Now you get to buy paints, brushes, lacquer, movement trays etc. There are some places on line that you can order from that will give you 20% off the GW list price.
Barby007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Barby007 »

Tuladin wrote:LOL. It didn't used to be so bad. 5-6 years ago everything was half the cost. Now you get to buy paints, brushes, lacquer, movement trays etc. There are some places on line that you can order from that will give you 20% off the GW list price.
Yes I feel you. I looked for full armies but no one had the stuff I was looking for. Mostly bulks of random stuff. Of course GW also has a lot of exclusive models which doesn't help. LOL!

Thanks,
Barby