Hello!

If you're new, you might want to introduce yourself. Here's the place!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Lathain Stalker
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves, Chaos Space Marines

Hello!

Post by Lathain Stalker »

Well, name is Lathain Stalker, though you might know me as ReudanRedhammer or Odjiuroanok Fero, depending on which websites for frequent. My first army is Dwarfs, second Tomb Kings, and now I'm leaving the stone and sand for the verdant greens of Athel Loren.

I chose my nickname here because Lathain is one of the root words in the Alter Kindred (Laith-Kourn) and I like the Alter. I plan on fielding Alter Kindred frequently, as I like the idea and fluff behind them. I think I would go more for the Sethayla style that seems to be talked about here, as I would love fielding lots of small archer units that pepper the enemy into submission.

Anyways, Wood Elves sound like a ton of fun, and after one test game the Alter Noble shooting down quite a number of the vile Dark Elves was very satisfying. Even though it ended in a draw, as I had nothing that could take down that dang Hydra, and he just kept breath attacking my skirmishers until we ran out of turns.

Either way, I found the list very fun, and the Darkwood Sphere, Waywatchers, Scouts, and Alter Characters will be probably staples in my army.
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Re: Hello!

Post by Allendor »

Welcome, yes woodies are fun. I love them but it's ironic to me that I am starting a Tomb king army.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

Welcome to the Forest Lathain Stalker.

There's an interrogation form stickied above. Fill it out and tell use even more about yourself (and your armies).
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Lathain Stalker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Tomb Kings are fun. I run a chariot spam army that has frustrated my friends quite a bit over here, but its just dang fun to have 18 chariots in a 2250 list!

Anyways, I found said interrogation form, so here goes.

1. What is your name? - Lathain Stalker
2. Why did you choose this nickname; what does it mean? - I answered that in my original post.
3. How old are you? - 21
4. Where in the world do you live? - USA, CAlifornia
5. What is your current occupation? - Librarian
6. Would you consider yourself to be naive, artistic and impulsive, or more considerable, analytical and theorising? - Depends on what. I am very impulsive with my Tomb Kings, but mostly I'm analytical.
7. What drew you to Wood Elves? - Well, a few things. First off, I'm the VP of a Warhammer club and we had every other elf represented, so I decided some woodland folk would be fun to throw in. Second, they sound like a different experience from either of my two armies.
8. Do you play any other Warhammer fantasy armies? - Dwarfs and Tomb Kings.
9. Do you have many friends whom you can play? - A solid group of 5 people not counting myself, plus a few out-of-towners that play every once in a while.
10. Have you bought any Wood Elf models yet? - Nope! I'm planning on getting the Battalion box to start off, and the Wood Elf Lord with Greatsword as an Alter Noble.
11. What type of army would you like? Speed? Shooting? Magic? Monsters? - Well, I really want an Alter Noble/Highborn, and for the most part I want a shooting/magic army.
12. Which of the Wood Elf models is your personal favourite? - Wood Elf Lord with Greatsword
14. What is your favourite unit in the Wood Elven army? - Alter Characters. I love the feral, terrifying speed that they can have, as well as their damage-dealing potential!
15. What is your favourite unit in the entire range of Warhammer? - That would be Dwarf Hammerers. I love their stubborn nature, and while I'm not a fan of the official models, I love how they represent the pride and stubbornness of the Dwarfs.
16. There are many different seasons to paint Wood Elves in (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Have you decided on any, and if so, which? - I actually think Winter would be cool. I was thinking my Lord might be one of the few who defend while Orion is in his death-sleep, waiting for the king to reawaken. My Lord would be an Alter loner who watches a stretch of forest by himself and calls in help (i.e. the rest of my army) when he spots an enemy worth more attention than he can give.
17. On to the community questions. How did you hear about us? - Uh... Google. I figured there must be a Wood Elf Forum... theres a forum of every other team!
18. Have you seen our LEAF article database thingy? (link to the top right) (now back up and running as of Jan 1st) - I have. I've looked into it briefly, and I'll probably be reading it when I'm not supposed to be at work today. :P
19. Have you had the time eyeball our Forum Rules & Guidelines yet? - Yep!
20. What do you think of the site so far? - Well, its certainly active, which I like. I'm quite happy with the quick replies I've gotten.
21. Do you have any dark secrets to share? - Oh, plenty, but none to share. ;)
22. Did you notice there was no question #13? - Actually yes. I tend to look for stuff like that, lol
23: Is there something else we should know about you before we start to dissect your personal life? - Uh... My girlfriend plays High Elves. With as many dragons in the army as she can have... which is 1 for every 1000 points.

EDIT: A few of the answers have changed... specifically - 14 & 16
Allendor
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Chaos Warriors & Beastmen, Bretonnians, Dark elf, Empire & Orcs & Goblins

Post by Allendor »

Lathain,
Since you are starting fresh, you can do just about anything you want to with this army. I started without help from this or any forum years ago and kinda picked out something of everything that looked good to me at the time. My first games were terrible. I really did not have a feel for this army. But now I have done some Wood elf tactics reading and re vamped what I have, adding to it. Wood elves are now my fovorite army. You should check out the Tactica on this site before you decide on what to get. I now run what would be called a "Sethayla" army and love it. It's all fast, all mobile and all magic with as much shooting as you can get for the points. It takes a little getting used to.
I have not used an Alter but I may soon as he would fit in to this style. Anyway's you get a lot out of this site that will be of help. Oh and by the way I am on the Tomb Kings of Khemri site as well learning about that army. They are differant too.
No amount of planning can ever replace dumb luck.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

What's your best/favorite 2000/2250 point or 1000 point Khemri army list?

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!

Lathain Stalker
Newcomer
Newcomer

For Tomb Kings? Well, my 2250 list for sure. I run 18 chariots, counting the Tomb King and Tomb Prince also in chariots. I also have 4 Tomb Scorpions and 2 Bone Giants. Or maybe it was only one... I made some modifications to it recently and its fallen back in usage since rumors of a new book started. So the army is 4 big nasties coming from below in the midst of the enemy army while a couple huge nasties and lots of chariots come charging across towards you. The giants soak up a lot of missile fire and the chariots are just so many that they're hard to keep contained. My last game against Dark Elves went horrible thanks to Calidor's Bane... S7 hits from a dragon mounted lord suck... but its certainly a fun army to play. It only really has two results in battles and that's either "win big" or "die horribly."

Still, its a fun list to play, though my Dwarfs are far more competitive. Since the list is currently being reworked, I don't have the list handy, but maybe I'll work on updating it tonight and showing it off.
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General

Thanks for the information. Always looking for ideas for new armies. :D :D

Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!