ETC comp tournament. 2700 point wood elves

Moderator: Council of Elders

tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

ETC comp tournament. 2700 point wood elves

Post by tomrobo23 »

So i'm heading to Call to War next month and just submitted my list a few days back for the tournament. It's ETC comp so has all the elfy advantages applied to the elves (ASF) and forest spirits get permanent wards too as well as 300 extra points. What this means is I can create a triple treeman list and a lvl4 life to accompany them so i have a good range in close combat, fast movers and adequate shooting.

Here it is and I hope some of you will be there too in May:

Lords
Treeman Ancient (General)- 350
-Annoyance of Netlings

Spellweaver- 310
-Lore of Life, Level Four
-Dispel Scroll, Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

Heroes
Noble- 124
-Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon
-Hail of Doom Arrow

Noble- 178
-Eagle, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
-Amaranthine Brooch, Dragonhelm

Core
10 Glade Guard- 132
-Lord’s Bowman, Musician

10 Glade Guard- 132
-Lord’s Bowman, Musician

10 Glade Guard- 132
-Lord’s Bowman, Musician

18 Glade Guard- 250
-Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

8 Dryads- 96

Special
5 Wildriders of Kurnous- 130
-Musician

3 Treekin- 195

Rare
Eagle-50

Eagle-50

Treeman- 285

Treeman- 285
Rhuell
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Skaven, Dogs of War, Goblins

Re: ETC comp tournament. 2700 point wood elves

Post by Rhuell »

If you had the points (and I don't have the book in front of me to calculate) - I would try to get a 10 man unit of Glade Riders and put both the BSB and the Level 4 on horses to run with the Treeman to provide a re-rolling stubborn break line that is far enough from your shooting bunker to really protect those vulnerable units. Nothing worse that having a Treeman break and having all your archer units ripe for the picking.

But this is very similar to the ETC list I was looking at taking to Bragging Rights in June because its just so powerful.
To see all of my current gaming adventures, check out: www.rhuell.blogspot.com
tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by tomrobo23 »

Would mean dropping 20 glade guard or the wildriders and a unit of glade guard but i only have 5 glade riders and i'm not sold on the idea as 10 riders die super easy and even more so if they are advancing and they are so overcosted as well as needing to buy both characters mounts. besides i never send my treemen out on the offensive, or at least never needed to. but i see the merit in the idea, maybe when we get a new book and are a fair price.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Post by Drstrangelove »

Why a champ for each of the GG units?
Some more dryads would have been ideal, but tricky to fit in with triple treeman.

Wild riders are BOSS under these restrictions, getting both the ASF and the 5+ ward. I'd have filled the list with these and put my BSB and wizard in them as well. But c'est la vie. I'm sure your list will be competitive provided it doesn't draw double skullkhannon or flaming dwarf cannons
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by tomrobo23 »

You're right on all accounts there. My issue is i only have 5 wildriders. The previous version had 2 units of dryad and that's usually the norm for me but wildriders get amazing buffs under ETC, they're almost worth their extortionate points cost lol so I dropped a treekin and a unit of dryads for them, didn't feel comfortable compromising shooting or chaff to keep the dryads and with 3 tremen, treekin, dryad, eagle noble and wildriders i'm not lacing in combat punch.

The deal with the unit champs on the glade guard is a matter of the meta for UK tournaments. single characters are ridiculously popular, your deamon princes, greater deamons, scar vets, the elf lot with dark elves in particular. It gives me the tools to tie them up for a turn with steadfast. That and people don't care about glade guard in combat, fact of the matter is they can be quite useful for charging such characters in certain situations. Killed a chaos lord with the usual 1+ 3++ by charging him in the rear with 10 GG, his disc killed the champ, he never got to attack, he lost combat and fled. 6 points is worth it in my opinion, when they're 10 next book i may not be so sure