10 Wildriders w/Muso and Std, Gleaming Pendant

2 x Eagles

2 x 5 Waywatchers
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: ETC List Ideas

Post by godswearhats »

Two Level 4s is almost always a poor use of points, even with the Power Scroll - it's just rare to get enough dice to make full use of the spells available. I'd consider also the Razor Standard on the Wild Riders rather than the Movement one - M10 vs M9 is rarely a game changer, but armor piercing can swing combats. Dryad Champ is generally considered a worse choice than just taking another Dryad.

Other than that, looks like a fun list :-)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Lore of Death can help mitigate lack of Power dice and honestly with MSU and hard hitting combos Wood Elves can make great use of the lore.

-3 LD on Steadfast plus mmmm we have an item that is an additional -1. Even LD 10 stubborn is testing re-rolls on a 6 then.

Plus Soulblight is an amazing spell.

I would suggest shadow/death if you wanted dual lvl 4s.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
kakwah
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Woodelves, Orcs & Goblins

Post by kakwah »

The Wild riders were there as a bunker - not really to fight which is why no razor std.
As I said in the title this is ETC comp so lore of death will not really help me get more power dice.
Power scroll is in there as it is pretty much needed to reliably get mindrazor off

I have another list I am playing with ATM which looks like:

Spellweaver Lvl 4, Steed, Rymers Harp, Dispel Scroll
Spellsinger, lvl 2, steed, MR3
BSB, steed, HoDA

5 x 10 GG w/ muso, 1 with banner of eternal flame
10 glade riders w/ muso
10 Wild Riders with Razor Std
2 Treeman
1 Eagle
And 50 points still to spend. Ideally I would want another eagle but will put me 20 points over in rare. Also tossing up lores for this one. Not a huge fan of shadow without powerscroll, and cannot see how I can rejig my heroes to fit one unless I make the lvl 2 shadow with powerscroll and drop the hoda and put MR3 on the noble, but then I am not very likely to end up with mindrazor. Another option would be to run std of disp on the bsb, which would make death an option.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Post by Drstrangelove »

popisdead wrote:-3 LD on Steadfast plus mmmm we have an item that is an additional -1. Even LD 10 stubborn is testing re-rolls on a 6 then.
This.
Given how reliably I can win combat on the charge/combo charge, if it wasn't for steadfast I'd be cleaning up. So reducing Ld suddenly makes it a WHOLE new board game.
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

I also play alot of ETC, but for my level 4 on shadow i have been taking ranu's heartstone (book or hoeth light edition).

The reasons are: Rerolling the lowest die, lets say a 1, really increases the chances to get off mindrazor even if its the long range version.

Two, rerolling a die makes the total roll higher or even make it an irresistible force, making it much more difficult for your opponent to dispell it at a crucial time!

Three, i like the fact that you only have to use it if its necesary. Say you use the power scroll and get IF anyway, i hate that.

Plus it has a backup use as a dispell item, maybe in some games you could stop a gamechanging spell instead of forcing through mindrazor.