2250 pts

Moderator: Council of Elders

Sindaril
Newcomer
Newcomer

2250 pts

Post by Sindaril »

Hi all,

Just registered here on the forum after i have been here so many times. Started warhammer fantasy this january and managed to paint a wood elves army and played a few games. So far my results look like this.

Vs

WoC 2 win 2 loss
Empire 2 big loss
Skaven 1 loss
Dwarves 1 draw
Beastmen 1 loss
Orcs n Goblins 1 win
High elves 1 win
Deamons 1 big loss

Games have ranged from 1500-2250 pts games. Some more competitive then others. Anyways, my recent list looks as follows:

Highborn on eagle w great wep, shield, light armor, HoDA, helm of the hunt and stone of rebirth.

Spellweaver lvl 4 life.

16 glade guards, bowman.
11 glade guards, bunker for spellweaver.
10 glade guards.
5 glade riders

10 wild riders with standard, champ and hornblower
6 Tree kin

Tree man
Great eagle
5 way watchers

That will be it. Any advice how this list could be improved? If 2500 pts? I got more unpainted and unassembled models such as 13-14 glade guards, 12 dryads, bsb, alter lord, spellsinger, lord on steed.

In general the tree man, the tree kins, and the eagle lord worked out good.
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2250 pts

Post by Phil Rossiter »

First thing I would add is a BSB. I would switch the Hail of Doom arrow to him and take more combat gear on the Lord. The caster could do with a Dispel Scroll.

The flaming banner is often a good idea on your biggest archer unit. I'd consider either making the Lord a Wild Rider or splitting the unit. Larger cavalry units tend to benefit greatly from characters.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

Musicians are a better choice for Glade Guard units over champions.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
Soltari
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Soltari »

Hi, my advice is to swap Lord to Hero on Eagle (just drop HoDA), take BSB with HoDA. I would also rather take 8x Dryads and drop 5x GR. I prefer Beasts to Life. These are the most important changes I would do and not change the whole list :lol:

Good luck!
Sindaril
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Sindaril »

Hi and thanks for the advice.

The hero instead of lord on eagle and squeeze in a bsb with HoDA is a great idea. (or) I also consider packing the highborn with more gear taking a magic sword making the shield more valueable.

I am currently building dryads. Swapping out the waywatchers and/or the gladeriders for 1x8 or 2x8 dryads instead is also something I consider.

Does the bsb really help that much? I see the use of him to help out espcially the tree kins. Feels kinda hard to be in range though if I bunker the bsb in a unit of glade guards.

Keep em advice coming guys and thanks alot!
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Post by Mollesvinet »

Your glade guard should always move forward in any case, so actually they won't be far behind your treekin. Plus, if the bsb is in the glade guard nearest the treekin then the treekin should keep nearby enemies busy so that his unit doesn't have to flee any charges.