2400 pts tournament

Moderator: Council of Elders

faeg nad teli
Newcomer
Newcomer

2400 pts tournament

Post by faeg nad teli »

Hi all,

after a break from playing warhammer i'm joining a 2400 pts team tournament with three other friends in may. Currently i'm doubting between taking my wood elves or empire. For the wood elf part I'd like to hear some suggestions from you all.

All missions will have several ways to earn mission points. For all missions you use page 143's dead or fled, the king is dead, seized standards and underdog challenge. The first battle has 400 additional victory points for capturing most table quarters. The second has 400 victory points for breaking your opponents army without breaking yourself (blood and glory rules). The third battle involves capturing most objectives (1 center and 1 per player) with core units and has a nice special rule in the magic phase: after generating the usual dice you roll all those dice you have and give any 1's to your opponent.

What I had in mind was a fast/mobile army with a dragon, a bsb on steed and eagle nobles (or alters), glade riders, 2x glade guard and dryads. warhawks, waywatchers and great eagles. possibly with some treekin and/or treeman.
I guess my main problem would be monsters and cavalry (as usual). The second problem would be the second mission with the blood and glory special rule but i guess i should just focus on breaking the enemy. Having no mages would off course oblige me to get close and personal with those asap.

Do you have any good ideas to make an army like this work? or would you advise a different strategy?

FYI my current collection includes the following:
Lords/hero's: Dragon, 2x eagle noble, mounted mage, unicorn, several on foot. Wild rider noble steed and stag, mounted noble/bsb. multiple nobles on foot incl 2x bsb. Orion.
Core: 2x 14 glade guard. 1x 10 glade guard. 2x 10 Dryads (or 12). 10 glade riders
Special: 3 warhawks, 21 eternal guard, 4 treekin, +/- 22 wardancers, 6 wild riders
Rare: 2x 5 waywatchers. treeman. great eagle
Almost all of this is painted so i have time to paint extra units although i'm slightly hesitant with the upcoming book ^_~.
popisdead
Former Council Member

Re: 2400 pts tournament

Post by popisdead »

What I suggest is you build a list for people to review. There are some dragon lists/builds here that people like.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: 2400 pts tournament

Post by Sidewinder »

Do the participants know who their partners are in advance? This would have an affect on what to add to the army list.
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW