2200pt Tourny List

Moderator: Council of Elders

Time of Madness
Newcomer
Newcomer

2200pt Tourny List

Post by Time of Madness »

First off the Wood Elves have some added advantages for this Tourny based on the ETC rules

- Wood Elves have ASF (not forest spirits)
- All Wizards can use any of the 8 lores of magic
- Glade Guard are maxed at 40
- Forest Spirits ward is not negated by magic

I believe these are pretty close to what ETC does, but I don't get the extra point allowance :(

CHARACTERS

Highborn (General)
- Great Weapon
- Rhymer's Harp
- An Annoyance of Netlings
= 251pts

Spellweaver
- Level 4 with Shadow
- Divination Orb
- Merciw's Locus
= 295pts

Noble (BSB)
- Asyendi's Bane
- Hail of Doom Arrows
- Dragonbane Gem
= 135pts

CORE

33 Eternal Guard
***3 Characters Here***
- Full Command
- Razor Standard
= 471pts

20 Glade Guard
- Musician/standard
- Banner of Eternal Flame
= 268pts

SPECIAL

7 Wardancers
- Bladesinger
= 140pts

7 Wardancers
- Bladesinger
= 140pts

4 Warhawks
= 160pts

RARE

5 Waywatchers
= 120pts

5 Waywatchers
= 120pts

Eagle
= 50pts

Eagle
= 50pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2200pts

The eternal guard form the core of the list, I plan on running them 6X6 with all 3 characters in the unit. The wardancers will support them with flank charges. The plan is to use shadow magic to help the eternal guard out in combat.

People really underestimate Wardancers with the new ASF rules. They are deadly if they get a flank charge off on a unit that is engaged with the guard unit and use the +1 attack dance. That's 22 WS6 re-rolling misses S4 attacks.

The eagles/warhawks/waywatchers will harrass and annoy my opponents.

Anyone think the list is decent?
Time of Madness
"The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule."
- Robert Jordan
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2200pt Tourny List

Post by Mollesvinet »

I ran a similar list based on shadow magic and eternal guard, however i tackled it quite differently. First of all, without the short range of savage beast and transformation of kadon, i decided to take the wizard out of the eternal guard unit. Instead i focused on lowering the enemies chances to hit, combine miasma lowering their WS with dawnspear and many enemies will hit on 6's against all your eternal guard!

As it is, if you really want your characters in the eternal guard unit then they need a new kit in my opinion, and the mage needs to go to the second rank.

This also means that the enemy now have to stop both miasma, withering AND mindrazor, which is nearly impossible. Check out my battle reports if you like:

http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25758

http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25757
Phil Rossiter
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2200pt Tourny List

Post by Phil Rossiter »

I agree, the fighting characters need more protection and the caster should go in the second rank with Harp and Scroll.

Also a bit concerned that you only have the EG as a serious combat unit. The Wardancers look good against some things but 1+ saves and monsters would worry me. Shadow is powerful but WE's cannot reliably force a key spell through against a scroll defence.