1300 Wood Elves

Moderator: Council of Elders

banzaj
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

1300 Wood Elves

Post by banzaj »

On Sundey I'm taking part in a tournament. The rules are : max 2 the same cores, can't double specials or rares, only 2 flyers, no lords.

I have three already made lists, each differs with only one element...Which one do you think would be the best.

1 Wild Rider Noble
General; Wild Rider; Longbow; Light Armour
Dawnspear
Dragonbane Gem
Potion of Foolhardiness

9 Dryads
9 Dryads
15 Glade Guard
14 Glade Guard
3 Warhawk Riders
1 Great Eagle
5 Wild Riders
5 Glade Riders
5 Waywatchers

1 Wild Rider Noble
Dawnspear
Dragonbane Gem
Potion of Foolhardiness
9 Dryads
9 Dryads
14 Glade Guard
14 Glade Guard
3 Warhawk Riders
1 Great Eagle
5 Wild Riders
5 Glade Riders
1 Spellsinger
Dispel Scroll
Ruby Ring of Ruin

Please let me know what you think.

1 Wild Rider Noble
Dawnspear
Dragonbane Gem
Potion of Foolhardiness
9 Dryads
9 Dryads
14 Glade Guard
14 Glade Guard
3 Warhawk Riders
1 Great Eagle
5 Wild Riders
5 Glade Riders
1 Branchwraith
1 Branchwraith
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Re: 1300 Wood Elves

Post by Billthesurly »

On list two I would chuck the spellsinger and go for another noble with the hail of doom arrow. Those things can be quite effective in lower point games. Spellsingers with lore of Athel Loren are rarely worth what you pay for them in small games. They really don't pack any "game changer" spells like the other lores can. If you could guarantee getting the one free movement spell it might be worth it as it is the last magical-move-into-combat spell left in the game and it CAN be a gamebreaker. But you can't guarantee it and it's too many points to gamble with in a small game. (We can all kiss that spell goodbye boys. With the new book it's going to be gone - along with most of our really cool magic items. :cry: )

Just between you, me and the lamp post - I have been fooling around lately with larger units of Wildriders and I find that 10 of them are just as fast and maneuverable but hit like a ton - particularly with the Dawn Spear along for the ride since that really cuts down the response. Since they can vanguard they can be in opponents DZ on turn one ready to charge down the rear of his line on turn 2. You could do 10 for one more point swapping the Glade Riders for 5 more WR.

Warhawk Riders cost SO much. But I really can't think of anything better for you to get with them. At least they're two wounds apiece.

Looks like you're going for MSU with a couple of hitters for polishing off cripples. Given the restrictions you have you look pretty good. Fluffy without being soft if you know what I mean. Bonne chance.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
banzaj
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Re: 1300 Wood Elves

Post by banzaj »

Thanks. I think i will follow orders :) get bigger unit of wild riders at the cost of glade riders and another noble with hail. Or leave glade riders be and enlarge wilds with noble points. The spellsinger was there for magic protection (i expect magic will rake my army brutally )
One more question, if wild riders have 6+ ward and magic resistance 1 does it mean they can use 5+ ward against magic?