Moderator: Council of Elders

FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

2000 pt Eternal Guard- inspiration from godswearhats

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

Hey all!

I will be attending a one-day 2000 pt four game tourney in a little over a week. I've lately been running a triple tree list at 2500 pts, but with 2000 pts I'm not going to be able to do that.

I thought I'd take out the eternal guard out for one last go-around under our old army book.

Spellweaver
Level 4- Lore of Beasts
The Rhymer's Harp
Dispel Scroll

Noble-BSB

Rageth's Wild Fire Blades
Stone of Rebirth
Potion of Speed

Noble
Eternal Kindred
Annoyance of Netlings

Noble
Eternal Kindred
Obsidian Lodestone

Noble (General)
Eternal Kindred
Horn of the Asrai
Resplendence of Luminance (or however it's spelled)

10 Glade Guard
Musician

10 Glade Guard
Musician

10 Glade Guard
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame

8 Dryads

47 Eternal Guard
Full Command
Razor Standard

Initially I was was trying to do a 2000 pt EG list with a Highborn. The problem that I came across was that I could not get an effective Highborn and a Weaver under the Lords' points cost. Though, as a lot of our best stuff is in core, I feel that loading the core tax up with glade guard and dryads works well.

The tournament will be closed list.

The horn of the asrai is an item that I've not used a lot. Along with the noble carrying the Resplendence spite, I can potentially draw in nasthy ethereals like hexwraiths and have the EG chop 'em to bits. Alternatively the noble with Resplendence can jump ship to a glade guard unit and shoot up ethereals from a distance. And of course, if my EG will be facing a Banner of the World Dragon unit, the noble with Resplendence will join a glade guard unit.

Game plan is to try to bubble Pan's Pelt, Savage Beast, and Wyssan's on the EG unit. 4 Nobles with Savage Beast on them should do some pretty decent damage. My opponent also has to kill a few of the nobles and/or the champ before the Weaver pops to the front of the unit.

The BSB carrying Rageth's Wild Fire Blades and the potion of speed is to serve as a means to potentially drop regen off trolls/HPA etc before the rest of the nobles and the EG strike.

Obsidian Lodestone plus the Rhymer's Harp should give the EG protection from death magic snipes and several other nasty nasty spells.

Thanks to godswearhats, who mentioned his use of multiple EG nobles in a EG bunker during the last Dimensional Cascade podcast.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Re: 2000 pt Eternal Guard- inspiration from godswearhats

Post by godswearhats »

Thanks for listening!

I would make one suggestion: put the lodestone on the BSB and the combat kit on a regular noble. That way you can keep the BSB out of combat and keep your rerolls.

More than ethereals I think the Horn can be used to draw in units that don't want to tangle with your eternal guard. I suspect the turn you use it is when you have Savage Beast on the unit from your turn and you deleted a unit but couldn't get into another enemy - forcing them to charge into you.

Ultimately it's likely going to be a waste of points because it's Ld test and so many armies are bringing high Ld with rerolls. But kudos for trying it out :-)
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
FriedTaterExplosion
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Dwarfs, and Salamanders

Re: 2000 pt Eternal Guard- inspiration from godswearhats

Post by FriedTaterExplosion »

Good idea. Might as well give the lodestone to the BSB and make him the last noble to pop to the front.

The interesting thing about the horn is to use it against units that don't have an exceptional leadership themselves, and who tend to operate outside the General/BSB bubble. It DOES affect units that are immune to psych, so there are somethings that you can catch people offguard by using the horn. VC players often never anticipate it.