Moderator: Council of Elders

Bearded_Dragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: wood elves

NO Lords, NO Magic 2400 list

Post by Bearded_Dragon »

Hi all,
Im still 50 points short and not to sure what to spend them on, I want to try something totally different, by minimizing the amount of characters taken. What are peoples opinions? on the easter weekend there will be a tournament i want to attend. I want to have fun with this list....

Heroes (301)
Noble: Great Eagle, GW, LA, Dragonhelm, Stone Crystal Mere

Noble: BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow

Core (982)
16 Glade Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner Enternal Flame

10 Glade Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer

10 Glade Guard: Musician, Standard Bearer

5 Glade Riders: Musician, Standard Bearer

5 Glade Riders: Musician, Standard Bearer

8 Dryads
8 Dryads

Special (679)
8 Wild Riders: Full command, Razor Banner

6 Treekin

Rare (385)
2 Great Eagles
Treeman
Your sword is no good here.

2014 Games New Book:
Played :5 Won :1 Draw :0 Lose :4
Weirwood
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: NO Lords, NO Magic 2400 list

Post by Weirwood »

Personally I've tried minimal Heroes at Throne of Skulls last year, it went fairly well, used a treeman ancient as my only lord with a second in rare. However I got a bad match up against 2 magic heavy high elf teams that didn't go so well due to the lack of magic defence in my list, and similarly in yours that is your only weakness. But I digress. You list seams nice, eagle nobles are prefect for projecting a threat and reasonably cheep. I would drop the glade riders for more dryads (in units of 15) but that's just my personal preference, I can never get the riders to work and there soo expensive (You could get 23 more dryads with those points).
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Re: NO Lords, NO Magic 2400 list

Post by Drstrangelove »

if you are going no magic you need to think about minimising the number of things that will be easy pickings for magic missiles and give up their points way too easily.

So that's the glade riders in particular. I'd also go for the banner of magic resistance on your GG bunker instead of eternal flame.
The amount of hurt magic missiles do when you have no wizard to oppose them has to be seen to be believed. Against a loremaster or Slann with all the sig spells you are going to not have much fun.
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"