Escalation league - My 1000 points

Moderator: Council of Elders

Raiderjb
Newcomer
Newcomer

Escalation league - My 1000 points

Post by Raiderjb »

Hello,

At the end of this month we are to change up to our 1000 point lists. As such I would appreciate feedback in preperation!

The models available to me are quite vast.

The majority of the armies in this league tend to be DE. The Doomfire warlocks were dreadful to stand up against in 500 points so like my 500 list please let me know if you have any ideas against this.

Level 4 Lifeweaver

10 GG + Musc

10 GG + Musc

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

3 Treekin

Eagle

Eagle

Any feedback is most welcome!
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Re: Escalation league - My 1000 points

Post by hutobega »

personally I feel a level 4 is a little over kill for a 1000 point game? I mean maybe I'm wrong but I'd throw in a level 2 for dispel scroll and maybe add more GG instead.
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
JAMOB
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Other than Wood Elves, lots of Blood Angels and a bit of IG, Eldar and Orcs.

Post by JAMOB »

I normally take a lv3 because AL doesn't suit me, and yeah a 4 is maybe a little overkill. Still, if you want to, go for it. Remember, though, that for 35 points you can get almost 3 GG (if you're a point short you can) or one and a flamey banner (I love these things). This list is pretty good though, it covers all the bases nicely... I do wish you had a little more firepower, but that's just me.
Blackcat
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Empire, Imperial Guard, Eldar

Post by Blackcat »

I like the list. I would suggest taking a lvl 3 with hail of doom arrow instead of the level 4 just for more punch in the first turn to wipe out some chaff unit or such.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

What is the size of the play area for the 1000 point games?

Your list is fine. I tend not to have a mage until 1200 points. I would rather spend the points for a mage killer.

The following is my 1000 point list.
1 x noble on eagle kitted for the league meta.
15 x GG with musician, standard bearer, and Eternal Banner of the Flame
10 x GG with musician
10 x GG with musician
8 x Dryads
1 x Great Eagle
1 x Great Eagle
6 x Waywatchers

Waywatchers aren't so good; I simply like using them. If I were to mirror your list but with some of my preferences, the list would look like this:
1 x noble on eagle kitted for the league meta.
11 x GG with musician, standard bearer, and Eternal Banner of the Flame or a more suitable one
10 x GG with musician
10 x GG with musician
8 x Dryads
3 x Treekin
1 x Great Eagle
1 x Great Eagle
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
Raiderjb
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Raiderjb »

Ok guys I have an update!

My club have said that spellsingers can use beasts and life.

As such my new list is

Spellsinger

GGx10 + Musc
GGx10+ Musc
GGx10+ Musc

8x Dryads

6x Treekin

1x GE

That points me on 1004 points. Ideally I want to try and lose 4 points to make it fully legal but I am tempted to run it as is as everything seems so valuable haha. Any ideas on where to drop the points?

Thanks guys
Raiderjb
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Raiderjb »

Oh, also I was tempted to use life with the above list but have been highly recommended against it. Any opinion on lores?
quiestdeus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by quiestdeus »

I would definitely go with beasts over life at 1000 points - ESPECIALLY with only a level 2 wizard. Lore of Life has far too many mediocre spells and without treemen to heal I have found much less mileage in its lore attribute. With beasts, you have 2 chances to get either curse or amber spear (both amazing), and you will always end up with Wildform for your dryads or treekin making them that much more bonkers at the 1000 point level.

Definitely go beasts!
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Post by Drstrangelove »

If you know that many of your opponents will be packing warlocks than you have an amazing opportunity to change the meta/stop people bringing filth.
The hard counter to fast cavalry is shooting that has no move and shoot penalty (ie us!)
Yes they have a 4++ (!!) but it still only takes 20 GG shots to bring down 5 at long range. T3 elves hate being shot at (don't we know it!).

So bring 50 glade guard, ruby ring of ruin (elves hate fireballs too), some dryads and eagles to keep them off your GG and BAM!
This might sound extreme, you can tone it back a bit. But honestly 6 treekin (which are normally a great unit) are never going to see combat with warlock fast cav filth on the table. You can bring back the treekin once they have learnt how it feels to be given the run around and then shot off (which is still more fun than getting doombolted off IMO).
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"