2250pt No monsters

Moderator: Council of Elders

ethsar46
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

2250pt No monsters

Post by ethsar46 »

Just thought id post this up to see what other people thought of this list.

I played it at a local 3 game tournament this weekend and went quite well only losing 1 game and ended up coming 4th (mainly due to peer comp and being hit unjustly IMO).

Lords/Heroes
Alter Noble w/ Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow 158pts
Level 1 Singer w/ 2 x scrolls 140pts
Level 1 Branchwraith (General) w/ Cluster of Radiants 140pts

Core
14 x Glade Guard 168pts
10 x Glade Guard 120pts
10 x Glade Guard 120pts
8 x Dryads 96pts
8 x Dryads 96pts
8 x Dryads 96pts
5 x Glade Riders w/ Musician 129pts
5 x Glade Riders w/ Musician 129pts

Special
8 x Wardancers 144pts
8 x Wardancers 144pts
6 x Wild Riders w/ Standard Bearer 174pts
6 x Wild Riders w/ Standard Bearer, Warbanner 199pts

Rare
6 x Waywatchers 144pts
1 x Great Eagle 50pts

Total = 2247pts

So I ended up playing Daemons, Skaven and Ogres (In that order).

Beat the daemons 16-4 quite easily as he was a fairly new player and the army wasnt all that hard.

The skaven game I won 15-5, had some massive luck tho against the Abom but getting it down to 1 wound before it saw combat and the alter noble took him down. I also learned that even though the furnace is T6 it wasnt that hard to take half points of it with a couple rounds of shooting (plus the waywatches KB'd the guy on top), the furnace also never saw combat, its just so easy to bait around that I dont actually think its all that good.

Ogres was a close game (probly a draw up unit the last turn) I got unlucky twice in not being able to dispell a +1T buff on his generals unit with 3PD which cost me the game, but it was only a 11-9.

Overall I was a little skeptical that the army could compete well without a treeman, but I was very happy with how it went, though I do consider myself lucky I didnt have to play lizardmen....
Herald
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: 2250pt No monsters

Post by Herald »

Must have missed this first turn around, sorry. What do I think of this list? It is a straight forward, balanced MSU list. I really wonder what your peer's idea of a wood elf list looks like... But some players think WE aren't a 'proper' army, and that only minimal sized units is not in the spirit of the game. The same goes for an army without banners. This has nothing to do with wood elves as such, we just happen to be designed for 'unfair' guerilla fighting, so don't take it personally. ;)
ArchMagosAlchemys
Witch-Hunter General
Armies I play: VC, Empire, Asrai, DoW, DE, SM, Lustwing, many IG, Adeptus Mechanicus

Post by ArchMagosAlchemys »

On what basis was your composition marked down?
Airmeith: Healer of the Twisted Glade

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Julius 'Groucho' Marx

Burn the Heretic!
Treachery Aforth: Witches purged = 0

War of Blood: 3 Daemonettes, last wound Keeper of Secrets
Vahn
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Vahn »

I really like this list, I think I'd field something similar if I had enough models :P

how do you cope with enemy lords given that you have only heroes?
ethsar46
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by ethsar46 »

It was peer comp, so it was entirely subjective, plus I dont know which of my opponents marked me down, though best guess would be the 2 players I beat (comp was marked after the game which I didnt like either).

Why would I need a lord to deal with another lord...?

Theres lots of ways I can kill a lord level character in the list, the obvious ones would be killing blow and shooting also this list isnt the kind of one that is going to engage your opponent on their terms at all.

Wood elves are the kind of army which doesnt need to rely hugely on expensive characters like most other armies, and with this list specifically I didnt want to take those expensive choices to allow me to take more units.