Nagathi, the Plumber

Anything not at all related to Warhammer goes here. That includes all humor not fitting for the other forums.
Posts in Off Topic do not increase your post count.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Tane mahuta
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Adjutent to my 10 yr old wood elf general, a morbid fascination for Skaven.

Re: Nagathi, the Plumber

Post by Tane mahuta »

Nagathi wrote: Pics can be found here: http://personal.woodelves.org/nagathi/work/

~ Nag
Looks like you're a nail biter (from the last pic).
People are entitled to have their own opinions, but they are not entitled to have their own facts!
Naggie
King of the Woods
Armies I play: Druchii and Asrai. Elves for the win!

Post by Naggie »

What makes you say that, Tane?

I will get you a few more pics later tonight. I just feel like getting one of me for once.. But I need to wait for someone to take that pic.

EDIT; New pics up! http://personal.woodelves.org/nagathi/work/

~ Nag
Tane mahuta
Horsemaster
Horsemaster
Armies I play: Adjutent to my 10 yr old wood elf general, a morbid fascination for Skaven.

Post by Tane mahuta »

I've heard (so not exactly authoritative) that people who chomp on their nails have fingernails a lot like yours: the quick of the nail ends quite some distance from the end of the finger, as opposed to non-biters whose quick is almost at the tip of the finger.

The more important question though is how do you pick your scabs when you don't have any nail protruding from the end of your finger with which to get some decent purchase? :lol:

And on the matter of work wounds: the tip of my little finger was broken when a cow crushed it against a pipe. I had to drive myself an hour on twisting gravel roads to get it looked at by a doctor. I almost fainted from the pain during the drive, luckily I had some local anaesthetic on me so I dripped it into the wound, my hands were too shaky to inject it in, and the break was on my right hand so trying to guide a needle with my left hand to self inject was simply out of the question. Local anaesthetic on an open wound really stings for a while, but once it kicked in it dulled the pain enough for me to make the drive OK. I've got a small scar and a permanently deformed fingernail as a reminder never to put my hand between a pipe (makeshift gate handle) and the @rse of a rapidly backing up cow.

You shouldn't meet too many skittish cows bent on using their butts as lethal weapons in your line of work, but you will have many opportunities to have disagreements with lots of pipes and heavy equipment...I hope those superficial grazes are the worst injuries you suffer.

Keep your head and stay safe.
People are entitled to have their own opinions, but they are not entitled to have their own facts!
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

I am not a nail biter, but I used to be (a few years back). Hence the question :)
The more important question though is how do you pick your scabs when you don't have any nail protruding from the end of your finger
Nagsi gots plenty of knives :D
Keep your head and stay safe.
Almost failed that one. I manage to hit my head on a pipe hanging downwards and got a nice bleeding wound on the top of my scalp :)

~ Nag
matthew_swifty
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood elves, Eldar, Bretonnians

Post by matthew_swifty »

a nice bleeding wound on the top of my scalp
Ouch! Man I bet that hurt a lot.

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading this thread :D
Im going to read the rest of this in a salt mine, while eating salt.
Ramesesis wrote:None of that sissy picking what mini that suits my purposes for each game wankering stuff! NO!!!
I worship Jesus at the pub. Thats why i'm filled with the spirit.
Tethlis
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres.

Post by Tethlis »

Must... Restrain... Urges...

Must... Not... Use... Nag's... Picture... As my Asrai.org avatar...

You're one sexy customer in that outfit, Nag :D !

Looks like fun work though, I have to say. Interesting stuff.
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

Some days are better than others. Today I got perfectly soaked at 9 in the morning. We tapped the water of a big building, with a failing drainage. A decimetre of water was not nice for my shoes and white socks. I managed to climb up on a ladder to cut one of the pipes hanging in the ceiling. That was still full of water, pouring all over me... Not fun working with all that extra weight, and wet dust starts to smell a bit when drying. I didn't feel very hawt at 18 when I got home :( And those abestos pipes on one of the pics had to be taken down. Guess who got that wonderful job. I wonder if my itchy throat comes from that...

Also, my boss had a nasty fever, which made him in a bad mood, and made me have to do more stuff. Luckilly, I have tomorrow off. And I need it. I got cramp in my biceps :'(

On the pic of me, I was pretty clean, and had almost no tools on me (no need to take them home over the weekend). And I got lots of hair there. I don't anymore :)

~ Nag
Tane mahuta
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Tane mahuta »

Just trying to imagine Nags with less hair and cramped biceps.
Attachments
Nagsi - mod.JPG
Loran
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Empire, Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, Skaven and a load of 40k armies that don't fit on this...

Post by Loran »

If you think the asbestos might be the reason for your itchy throat, I'd suggest seeing a doctor. That stuff isn't harmful to you for no reason...

Anyways, like I already mentioned, doing something like that does give you the chance to see how the things actually work.

- Loran
17:56 <+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

Tane mahuta
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Tane mahuta »

Ain't your throat you need to worry about, it's turning your lungs into useless rubbery blobs you've got to watch out for.

Your Doc won't be able to do squat except tell you the risks of asbestos inhalation: in 20 years or so you may get cancer and usually it can't be successfully treated. If you want peace of mind go to the doc and he might tell you it was just ordinary dust inhalation that gave you the itchy throat. But you'll know if you've been exposed to risk. If the asbestos was crumbly, and you weren't using good face mask then you probably did inhale some fibres. If it was hard and solid, and you didn't have to cut or saw into it to remove it then you're more than likely at no more risk than if you hadn't touched it at all.

Have a nice day.
Gropah
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Gropah »

I find your knowledge of asbestos disturbing Tane mahuta...
But I liked the part "in 20 years or so you may get cancer and usually it can't be successfully treated"... :paranoid: :D
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

My itchy throat is more of a beginning to a flu or cold as it seems, and it seems to be contageous. From what I know, Asbestos gives you a shortage of breath and is not contageous. I'm safe. Seems as my wetting it down helped.

Not many pictures will be added this weekend, as nothing new and exciting has happened. I will, however try to get a shot of a big heating central just delivered and brought down in an amazing way. Still untouched :)

~ Nag
Tane mahuta
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Tane mahuta »

Staying with my disturbing amount of knowledge about asbestos theme:

You may be interested to know one of the few survivors of the cancer caused by asbestos is Stephen Jay Gould, the well known biologist and author of many books. He ended up dying of a completely different sort of cancer unrelated to asbestos, 20 years after getting the "asbestos cancer". I won't totally freak you out by actually giving the medical name for the cancer.

A useless bit of trivia, but who knows it might be the $1 000 000 question when you finally get your big break and get to the chair in the middle on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. You better send me a bit of cash if you do :sexy:
Naggie
King of the Woods

Post by Naggie »

http://personal.woodelves.org/nagathi/work/
Updated with a few pics. It's hard to find something new and interesting, so you get a few pics of stuff I see when I get home from work as well :)

~ Nag