Oh my god im so fed up......

Anything not at all related to Warhammer goes here. That includes all humor not fitting for the other forums.
Posts in Off Topic do not increase your post count.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

....of weekend in and week out of sigmarines and cornies....would it kill GW to change it up a bit. I find my self checking the new white dwarf weekly and hoping...no, BEGGING for a 40k release!!! And 40k don't even interest me!!!!
Now they have made sylvaneth a new faction and I crave for more background and a flesh out for these and there is just more vexillor, auxillor, humidor bla bla bla.... And really how many bloodthirster kits does there really need to be.....

There. Rant over.....I'm just so bored with real eases lately....
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...
Tuladin
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos, Bretonnians, Orcs, Dwarves

Re: Oh my god im so fed up......

Post by Tuladin »

I'm with you. I find myself trying to rationalize it as they are buying time to do really cool Elven miniatures in an attempt to comfort myself.
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Nah... I bet well have 10 months of 40k as soon as they have released all the sigmarines.... Yeah I'm negative, I know....I actually don't want them to release any aelf models because I'm sure they'll look pants along with the old stuff, which I have a lot of.
Sylvaneth could be fleshed out though. I wouldn't mind that...
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.

That item is a horse...
Yuri
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Yuri »

Maybe that's their way to promote 40k? "Here, we will sacrifice part of our community to create a game which can be only balanced by your wallet and bore you to death so you can finally switch to our main product". It makes sense. :crazy:
Yuri's little corner
Møøse trained by Yute Hermsgervørdenbrøtbørda
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Yuri... You have broken the GW code.... It's all in the open now....

That item is a horse...
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

On the flip side, 5 years ago people complained there was no Fantasy releases after 8th ed dropped and only 40k.

We can't win it seems.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Post by dusk1983 »

popisdead wrote:On the flip side, 5 years ago people complained there was no Fantasy releases after 8th ed dropped and only 40k.

We can't win it seems.
AoS isnt fantasy Pops. They killed fantasy. I'm sure I'm not alone in the frustrations of someone who waited a long long *long* time for an updated Wood Elf army book thats fun, fluffy and competitive, and then they killed the game. Ah well, at least I've got more disposable income now at least. :nod:
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

I have absolutely nothing to add. I just wanna see Waldorf and Statler together again one more time. :D
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

Problem isn't too much fantasy releases popisdead. I wouldn't mind a whole year of fantasy releases, but not for one single army. I'd just want them to mix it up a little. Some aelf or duardin or more sylvaneth models just to break the monotony

That item is a horse...
Peter of Loren
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Peter of Loren »

Seems to me perfectly reasonable that, after starting a new games system, the next few months would be dominated by releases for that game. But its still annoying that 90% of them are sigmarines.
"In the war against ignorance and stupidity, you sometimes have to fight fire with fire."
Baardah
Former Council Member

Post by Baardah »

By all means. AoS release isn't the problem. It's the sigmarines week in and week out. Not only is it the same army all the time, there is hardly any difference between it units. It's so monotonous.
It's what has put me off 40k all these years. To much space marines and all those look the same. Painting them in different colors just doesn't help.

It's a valid point that a new system requires the attention through lots of releases. It's just that they have sort of deleted every faction from pre- aos. So they should be catering to a broader audience with their releases. Maybe they could keep more players around like that.
I'm loosing my patience

That item is a horse...