Greetings from the Riftblade

Anything not at all related to Warhammer goes here. That includes all humor not fitting for the other forums.
Posts in Off Topic do not increase your post count.

Moderator: Council of Elders

Ramesesis
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood elves & Empire at the moment

Greetings from the Riftblade

Post by Ramesesis »

I dissappeared. I know that. Some may know why but safe to say I also dissappeared from all Warhammer oriented forums. Naggie know a thing or two since we are friends on Facebook.

On the late evening of the 31st of May my then wife announced she would divorce me. Inll d the aftermaths I ended up taking the largest part of the responsibility for the kids. So I am caring for 4 kids most of the time. Since Warhammer minis and camp aigns were a small part of it (my ex finds playing wargames and painting toy soldiers repulsive) I dropped out.
I may be slowly coming back but the focus will be on actual games with my friend Tom.
Also, I have switched more to medieval re-enactment and now I am also taking up sports.

Not any random pansy athletics though but HEMA - Historical European Martual Arts by GHFS - Gothenburg Historicak Fencing School. I train Sword & Buckler after I:33, the oldest preserved fencing m anual from around 1300 AD. My youngest daughter have entered their children class fencing longsword.

Also, I have a date with a woman with whom I have written and later talked with her since late August. 15 of November is a most scary date so please wish ne luck.

Raimie out
Leafstalker wrote:Nothing more beautiful then seeing a massive Bret charge stall into the formed ranks of the Eternal Guard... my Highborn Ramesesis had to harden his heart as he dueled with the Bret Lords and cut them down.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Re: Greetings from the Riftblade

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

Hi Raimie,

Aww, that's really touching mate. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a shitty time of it.

Glad to hear that you are embracing things positively, and that you are looking to get back into the things that interest you. The HEMA sounds really interesting.
I am a martial arts instructor (Cheng Hsin & Tai Chi) and personal trainer, and I notice such positive impact on students/clients and the effect physical health/activity has on your state of general well being.

Good Luck with your date next Saturday, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

~Gwill
Long live the King in the Woods!!!