My Hopes for the Unicorn

Moderator: Council of Elders

Firelupus
Newcomer
Newcomer

My Hopes for the Unicorn

Post by Firelupus »

I am hoping that the Spellweaver on Unicorn is a viable option in the new book, i have plans to run one with dark magic .
Perception, Is what tells me my hobby should fit into one room.
To finish painting an army, only have the figures for that one army.
This has been the product of Lupus's delusional mind and in no way represents the views or opinions of the rest of his body.
With new book 8/0/13
http://necrarch.blogspot.com.au My warhammer blog.
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Re: My Hopes for the Unicorn

Post by dusk1983 »

I hope so too. My first Wood elf purchase for my current iteration of the army is a converted weaver on Sulephet. I used her once and realised she was *way* overpriced
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Witch Hunters, Necrons

Post by Findecano »

dusk1983 wrote:I hope so too. My first Wood elf purchase for my current iteration of the army is a converted weaver on Sulephet. I used her once and realised she was *way* overpriced
It should be quote easy to convert a unicorn rider from the sisters of the thorn box, just remove the antlers off one of the stags (my first choice would be the middle one of the picture we have seen) then replace it with a horn and voila!
MyNameDidntFit wrote:I actually play Wood Elves because I saw this forum with threads like this and thought to myself "I could go for a bit of patting myself on the back for being awesome, I should start Wood Elves so I can join in" ;)
"Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!"
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

My biggest hope would be that it gets a standard Cav base - but that just isn't realistic... It's way too expensive especially considering the 20 points for the Glamourweave upgrade on top :-P
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

MortenLarsen wrote:My biggest hope would be that it gets a standard Cav base - but that just isn't realistic... It's way too expensive especially considering the 20 points for the Glamourweave upgrade on top :-P
They're supposed to be on a Monster base? Odd, the Unicorn I ordered came with a standard cavalry base.
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.
Firelupus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Firelupus »

I am hoping that the glamour weave kindreds and such will no longer exist, but i will know on Saturday when i get the book.
Perception, Is what tells me my hobby should fit into one room.
To finish painting an army, only have the figures for that one army.
This has been the product of Lupus's delusional mind and in no way represents the views or opinions of the rest of his body.
With new book 8/0/13
http://necrarch.blogspot.com.au My warhammer blog.
MortenLarsen
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves & Vampire Counts - mostly...

Post by MortenLarsen »

Kakapo42 wrote:
MortenLarsen wrote:My biggest hope would be that it gets a standard Cav base - but that just isn't realistic... It's way too expensive especially considering the 20 points for the Glamourweave upgrade on top :-P
They're supposed to be on a Monster base? Odd, the Unicorn I ordered came with a standard cavalry base.
It did? Well thats great. I've never bought one because of the price and because I've always thought it came on a 5x5 base as with the Great Stag :nod:

Just checked GW’s site, and the only Unicorn I could find was the one with the Fey Enchantress and that one has a 5x5 base…
"The owl askes but never answers."

Character list
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvkMwC1v8aTy0scTF0V ... g?e=oAA3RC

Kakapo42
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Kakapo42 »

MortenLarsen wrote:It did? Well thats great. I've never bought one because of the price and because I've always thought it came on a 5x5 base as with the Great Stag :nod:

Just checked GW’s site, and the only Unicorn I could find was the one with the Fey Enchantress and that one has a 5x5 base…
Ah yes that one does. The one I ordered however, the unridden one, came with a standard cavalry base. It does not seem to be listed on GW's site now however...
WANTED: Wildwood Ranger axes. PM me if you have any spare.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Yes the power of Unicorns is spreading, let there be rejoicing in the horned one and may his pokey stick go deep into his enemy's :paranoid:

I don't care if the rules a rubbish, I'm getting a Unicorn
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Baardah
Former Council Member
Armies I play: WE, Dwarf, HE, Skaven, VC, O&G

Post by Baardah »

Considering that the stags the sisters ride aren't called stags, but "steed of Isha" Im tempted to change antlers with a unicorn on all of them and just say " hey my steeds of Isha are unicorns a`right"

A little greenstuf to make a longer tail and a bigger mane and a goatee and voila....Just can't wait to get my hands on these new models. Its gonna be wood elves bonanza on my painting table again after years and years of dwars, high elves, Vampires, Goblins, Ogres, Empire and other lesser races.....

Gonna go with hooded heads on my new EG.
My summer night wood elves
Drstrangelove wrote:Imagine a magic item. For 20 points you get +4M, Vanguard, extra +1 to your armour save, unlimited free reforms, and an extra S3 attack at I4.
That item would be in every list.

That item is a horse...