Are we getting Stonefeathers?

Moderator: Council of Elders

saundena
Newcomer
Newcomer

Are we getting Stonefeathers?

Post by saundena »

So, if I recall correctly, the Wood Elf release was only ever going to be two weeks. If that's the case then what we are catching glimpses of now ( http://imgur.com/a/zTtPa ) would be the 2nd release of new models and the LAST!

If this is true, them I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping that we'd get the rumored Stone Feather owl unit comboed with redone Warhawk riders kit. I'm assuming that we'll get a few new special characters but overall, this is kind of a let down. We've waited so long for our new release and week one was kind of a let down (mixed response on the Treeman kit - nowhere near as cool of a sculpt as say a Mortis Engine). Some of the rumors coming out of that German dude don't seem too thrilling; but for now, I'm taking his remarks with a heavy dose of salt!

Anybody think we get a 3rd week of releases?
dusk1983
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Tyranids, Tau, Blood Angels and Wood Elves

Re: Are we getting Stonefeathers?

Post by dusk1983 »

Well the powers that be over on other forums have decreed with certainty that Orks for 40k is coming out 2 weeks into next month.

I think the owl kit was always unlikely as it was rumoured to be a dual kit with warhawks, and the two avians share no similarity in form for duel kit goodness. Also the same rumour that put the owl kit in, took eternal guard out and we know as fact that they're in.

Who knows, though? I imagine come Saturday when the book is released, and we see how many units and army list entries there aren't any models for, we can make a better judgement about how many more waves there will be. I for one was hoping for a hell of a lot more finecast/finecrapped heroes and lords seeing as metal is a pain to work with both in the hobby and on the table.
...So if you're addressing me direct, just call me Lance or Dusk, no 1983 please.
Chaos dwarf tactica: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23535
Chaos dwarf plog: http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23159
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarfs, Beastmen, Dark Eldar

Post by Samoht »

Sadly it's really not looking likely and I agree that week one didn't have anything close to the excitement it should. Even though the treemen models have grown on me considerably, the first part of the release was essentially just two models (treemen & Araloth).

Even more flying units was something I was really excited about.

However it won't be long until we know for certain now.
mryam
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by mryam »

I am actually really impressed with the new releases and feel that we have all we need and more.

Our previous models were probably the best sculpts and we have no real need for all of the extras that would come with more releases

I know that the treeman model is not liked by all but if we can make our own treekin out of the spare pieces to make them all look alike I for one would be extremely happy

Ou style of gaming does not have to change too much and this seems to fit in with most peoples wants/wishes or we could change our playstyle considerably which would give us more options and interest more gamers, which would only help the future of the WE in the Warhammer universe.

New spells, new spears, new axes, new cavalry, new cavalry, spellcasting treemen? What is there to complain about really?

Just my opinion, but I like it a lot and I haven't even seen the new book yet
Odinsleepwalker
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Odinsleepwalker »

With all the new WE plastics coming, as well as how nice the plastic Hobbit eagles are, there should be plenty of opportunity to make some very nicely converted Warhawk riders.

That said, I was really hoping for some either official plastic Warhawk kits or possibly that rumor of the great owl riders/stonefeathers. We shall see, but it really isn't looking likely.