Wood Elf News on Faeit212

Moderator: Council of Elders

HighbornOnForestDragon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Warriors of Chaos

Wood Elf News on Faeit212

Post by HighbornOnForestDragon »

I don't know whether this has already been posted, or whether I should be posting it here, but there is some cool stuff on Faeit212:

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Wood Elves are out in May. They get only a two week release - armybook, magic cards and three plastic kits. It is not a total overhaul and their finecast kits - even the cavalry plastic-finecast-kits - stay valid. The only exception is the eternal guard. They are dropped completely. The models can be used as war dancers.

One of the new kits is special because it can be used for several different units. You can build either three hawk riders, which are one hawk and two surfers now, or three giant owl-like monsters called stonefeathers and six waywatchers. On top of that you can build a hero on hawk or on foot.

The second kit is a war dancer combokit. The second unit wears varying animal masks and shields made of pelt on wooden frames. They have animal claws as weapons.

The last kit is tree ancient and meadow hag. The former is a giant-sized tree man with a huge beard made of bark. The latter has a crown of leaves and she has a skirt of roots instead of legs. Her hands grow into a web of thorns.

The rest of the range stays as it is, the finecast kits probably mail order only.

The wood elves have very dynamic poses because almost all their units are skirmishers again and the sculptors didn't have to worry about spacing. Skirmishers work seamlessly with other regiments in 9th edition, so there will be no problem with this play style.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/wo ... tails.html

Personally, I'm a little sceptical about this meadow hag and the other part of the Wardancer kit, but this seems good.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Wood Elf News on Faeit212

Post by Beithir Seun »

It has indeed already been posted (twice!) in the Wood Elf Rumours thread here: http://asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20970&start=1400

Thanks all the same for posting Highborn, but let's try and keep all of this in one place :)
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog