ETC Draft 3.5

Moderator: Council of Elders

albertoalter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

ETC Draft 3.5

Post by albertoalter »

Draft 3.5 is out, whit BAD news for wood elves...
Now, we can't use the 8 BRB Lores anymore. Really missing my light coven now.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12RR ... ODzt20/pub
Winter Wood Elves from 2005
Mollesvinet
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter

Re: ETC Draft 3.5

Post by Mollesvinet »

At 2700 points you can take 2 treemen, 2 treemen ancient and still have enough lord allowance for the annoyance of netlings.

This will be my next list, call it silly but i always wanted to try it. Losing acess to the 8 lores really blows! At least we are up to 70 glade guard again, 50 was too low for most lists in my opinion.
albertoalter
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by albertoalter »

I also thought to a 4 Treeman list, but I'm not confident. Too slow, too Bad matchup.

I'll play something like that

Highborn
Noble BSB
Noble
Spellweaver (Beasts)
Spellsinger (Beasts)
all mounted in Glade Riders

5 x 10 Glade Guard
10 Glade Riders
8 Driads
2 Treeman
2 Great Eagle

Characters whit many Magic Items, like Harp, Obsidian Loadstone, Hoda, Nettlings
Winter Wood Elves from 2005
wildZguy09
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: wood elves, space marines

Post by wildZguy09 »

I wonder why they decided to scratch the whole rule instead of modifying it to just a few others?
Beastweaver + Tree man ancient = S9+T9+A9. Yay :)
tomrobo23
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by tomrobo23 »

I asked them about losing access to the lores and a response i got was the fear that it would change the meta and force ETC players to practice against it and it may be overpowered (yep that was actually said). Thing is that gave ETC WElves variety and i was going to go with a balanced combat elf, glade guard, forest spirit list. now though the only thing that seems to work for me is the ancient, 2 treemen and a lvl4 of life with 50 glade guard and 2x8 dryad and 4 treekin as a base. Seems to have pigeon holed WE lists as this appears the strongest with the very limited lore choice on our vastly overcosted wizards. Yes you can run lvl1/2s but the cost is massively disproportionate and beast and life suck as supporting lores. Bit dissapointed but i'm having fun with triple tree so it's not that bigger deal, just seems like we've been given the netlist treatment (4 trees is fun but not as effective due to lack of magic support).

Also the other 2700 armies in beasts and TK got -10% but we didn't which sucks, would make sense to keep them in line.

Overall I'm fairly okay with it. My current iteration is on 2 wins, 2 losses against; lizard skink cloud (guy tried metal for one game, seared my ancient and 4 treekin(in one cast) for the win) skaven, (built to beat my list, 2 cannons, 2 doomwheels, ratstar and storm banner) and a warrior player twice with crushers, chariot, gorebeast and two big blocks of infantry among other things, all competant tourney players. All said it's completely alien to me but i'm having fun with it and it has a punch that i've missed in my stand off, hit and run style lists of before. Also premanent wards is awesome, shame i can't make the 3+ armour beforehand though.
Disco
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Disco »

Agreed that the loss of the 8 lores is a step down for the WE. The awesome lvl 1 metal mage is back in the closet again.
With the 2700 pts I decided to make the fastest WE army I could, maxing out on flyers and fast cav: I have played one game with it thus far against a OnG troll-based army+warmachines and managed a draw. I am going to play it to a tournament this weekend, will be fun. :)
Lords
Highborn, General, Wild Rider, elven steed, Annoyance of netlings, crown of command, stone of rebirth

Spellweaver, lvl 4, lore of beasts, Elven steed, dispel scroll, obsidian lodestone

Heroes:
Noble, BSB, elven steed, light armour, spear, charmed shield, hail of doom arrow

Noble, Great Eagle, Great weapon, Light armor, shield Amaranthine brooch, dragonhelm, potion of foolhardiness

Noble, Great Eagle, Great Weapon, shield, Armour of destiny

Noble, Great Eagle, light armor, spear, stone of crystal mere, enchanted shield

Core:
10 Glade guard, champ, mus, SB, banner of eternal flame
8 Glade Riders, mus
8 Glade Riders
8 Dryads
8 Dryads

Special:
7 Wild Riders, mus,
7 Wild Riders, mus,
7 Wild Riders, mus,

Rare:
Great Eagle 50
Great Eagle 50
5 flyers and 5 fast cav. If played well this can be an avoidance army or an "all-out-attack-spam-savage-beast" army.