VBR of Lizzies and WE discussion

Moderator: Council of Elders

Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

VBR of Lizzies and WE discussion

Post by Sidewinder »

Not sure where to place this thread and wish I had a better subject title. It's a video battle report but not mine and I wasn't involved so I don't believe it fits in Hall of Honours. But I do think there are things we can discuss and learn from it.
It is titled "WFB 05 - Lizards vs Wood Elves 2400pts" and was uploaded onto YouTube by legionsau. I'm not able to provide the link because, we'll too lengthy to explain.

What do you think of the two army lists?
What do you think of their deployments?
What do you think of the WE target priorities?
What did you find interesting in the battle report.
Are the lessons learned by the Lizardmen player applicable for us?
How well do you think the WE player had done? How well had the Lizardmen player done?
Did you find the new models used by the Lizardmen player interesting and/or threatening for us?
Favorite hobby - playing GW games
2nd favorite hobby - complaining about GW
noneshallpass!
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Re: VBR of Lizzies and WE discussion

Post by noneshallpass! »

You ask some interesting questions.
But those drums...

There is not a lot of reports with Wood Elves online, but how about runing the same questions on this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7B7UARh ... re&index=3
Not recorded as fast paced as Oncebitten, but the report is well done. And the players are quite good I think.
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

Yes, the drums were bothering me throughout the video too. If it were at a lower volume it would not have been so distracting.

You are correct; the battle report you recommend is a good one to discuss. Both looked like good players.
I was a bit confused as to why the eagles were deployed so far back. But, he must have known what he was doing because even at that distance they were still in danger. The HE player took them out rather quickly.
Too bad the WE right flank crumbled so quickly.
And it was misfortunate that his Treemen was taken out before having done anything. Oh, he did use it to cast Tree-singing against the bolt thrower. I don't use Treemen but I can see that it is important to get it into combat quickly. It seems safer there.
With a Treemen, a large unit of Treekin, and Dryads, Lore of Life is a reasonable choice but do you think it would have been better if he had chosen Beast? That's probably the lore that he is comfortable with. I've switched over to beast.

What are your thoughts about the game?
Sidewinder
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Sidewinder »

Oh, I guess High Elves are allowed to use seven dice when casting spells.