Tactical Decision Game? Any interest?

Moderator: Council of Elders

Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Beastmen, lizardmen, wood elves, orcs and goblins

Tactical Decision Game? Any interest?

Post by Drstrangelove »

I don't know if anyone saw these on the Empire forums (http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/in ... ic=46451.0) but i always thought these would be mad fun to participate in.
Now that there seems to be lots of activity on this forum I thought we might have enough people to give it a crack.

Any thoughts/interest from the community?
".....and you are ugly! But it the morning I shall be sober!"
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Re: Tactical Decision Game? Any interest?

Post by Beithir Seun »

Sounds intriguing! I've not visited W-E.com for a while, so I've not seen these TDGs before, but they definitely sound interesting.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Shandrakor »

So, something like this? http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24900

Mostly, it's finding the people who want to setup the exposition for others to comment on that's the harder point than getting people to contribute after the fact.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Drstrangelove »

No not the same as the Tactical Exposition Game.

Basically play a game of warhammer on the forums, but with a team making decisions on one side and a team making decisions on the other. Two separate threads, those of the other team don't look at the opposing thread. Someone acts as GM to roll dice and update a UB style board map. Also to keep the ball rolling regarding turns and the like.
Each game obviously takes some weeks, but it looked to be huge fun on the empire forums.

Steps required would be:
-find a GM and at least three people to be on each team
-people submit army lists that we could use for both sides, we vote for the one we would most like to use. One would obviously be wood elves, the opposition could be up for discussion.
-play the game!

I'm happy to have a crack at being GM, but I've never used UB, battle chronicler or he like so would be a steep learning curve for me.
Playonwords
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by Playonwords »

Yeah ive played a TEG on warhammer.empire forum. Was a lot of fun. Plus, we (Empire) beat a filthy high elf list with 2 frosties, a horde of white lions and a L4 Shadow. Mind you, we did have 11 demigryphs. Id would be interested, although not until the wood elves get their new army book.
Drstrangelove
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Drstrangelove »

well if that's as near as rumour has it we don't have to wait long! :D
In the few weeks that remain drumming up a pair of teams and picking an opposing list (assuming we aren't going to need to list tailor any more once we get a new book) would be a good start. I'm sure once the new book hits the shelves there are going to be a TON of new people on the site..........which is both a good and a bad thing. Probably a bad thing for a TDG, as we are really looking for commited community members due to the long time course involved.