Wardancers with ASF rock!

Moderator: Council of Elders

Slobber
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Re: Wardancers with ASF rock!

Post by Slobber »

Coyle_Ravane wrote:Ok, but even with 5 wd including champion you should have them in 2 ranks, as the 2 in the 2nd rank can make their supporting attacks against the character for 2 extra attacks.
I hadn't though of this. And this is why I love the internet age, I'll be fielding them this weekend in a 3,2 formation, and in the future in a "dart" of 6.

Thanks!
war without fire is as worthless as sausages without mustard
Billthesurly
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Orcs and Amazons
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Ministry of Profound Bloviation.

Post by Billthesurly »

brechttomme wrote: For some other strange psychological reason I do kind of hope we don't get boosted too much. There's just something about playing with an underdog army that makes it special, and much more gratifying when you do win a game.
I could not possibly agree more. For some weird reason I just DON'T want them to turn Woodies into a power army. The thought of a bunch of johnny-come-lately power gamers who would not have given the Wood Elves the time of day six months ago suddenly deciding that it is now the must have army really bothers me. Going by the last few releases they seem to have largely gotten over this "army creep" madness. Perhaps they will improve up to standards without being ridiculous. I live in hope.
So it's no longer the BRB, now it's the DERB. (Digital Edition Rule Book) I am all in for 9th Age.
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

I have a high degree of confidence that GW won't mess it up, just looking at what they've done for the last several books - those armies still play with a very similar feel. High Elves, Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Dwarfs - while the available options are different, the *feel* of the army's play style remains pretty consistent.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
Joelatron
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Joelatron »

Billthesurly wrote:
brechttomme wrote: For some other strange psychological reason I do kind of hope we don't get boosted too much. There's just something about playing with an underdog army that makes it special, and much more gratifying when you do win a game.
I could not possibly agree more. For some weird reason I just DON'T want them to turn Woodies into a power army. The thought of a bunch of johnny-come-lately power gamers who would not have given the Wood Elves the time of day six months ago suddenly deciding that it is now the must have army really bothers me. Going by the last few releases they seem to have largely gotten over this "army creep" madness. Perhaps they will improve up to standards without being ridiculous. I live in hope.
Remember that in late 6th, pre High Elves 7th they were one of the power armies. What you will probably find is that a lot of the older gamers will dust off their woodies and put them on the table again.

OT - sure ASF on wardancers is a nice buff, but in the ETC environment is the buff worth points not spent on more optimum choices????
CAKE OR DEATH?

Visit my blog! www.thebrushofdoom.blogspot.com Lots of battle reports and stuff...with pictures!
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Joelatron wrote:Remember that in late 6th, pre High Elves 7th they were one of the power armies. What you will probably find is that a lot of the older gamers will dust off their woodies and put them on the table again.
My best record in 6th was killing 13 Swordmasters with a frontal assault from 8 Wardancers with Call of the Hunt.

The WE army sold so well GW shipped bare cardboard army boxes. It might have gotten to higher popularity than O&G at it's prime.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Joelatron
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Joelatron »

popisdead wrote:
Joelatron wrote:Remember that in late 6th, pre High Elves 7th they were one of the power armies. What you will probably find is that a lot of the older gamers will dust off their woodies and put them on the table again.
My best record in 6th was killing 13 Swordmasters with a frontal assault from 8 Wardancers with Call of the Hunt.

The WE army sold so well GW shipped bare cardboard army boxes. It might have gotten to higher popularity than O&G at it's prime.
Or the look on an opponent's face when they charged your Wardancer unit and due to challenge rules, you choosing where the BSB, Highborn and unit champ went + the amber pendant you effectively struck first with a million attacks and ran them down. Ahhhhh I miss the old woodies.
CAKE OR DEATH?

Visit my blog! www.thebrushofdoom.blogspot.com Lots of battle reports and stuff...with pictures!
WizzyWarlock
Horsemaster
Horsemaster

Post by WizzyWarlock »

Billthesurly wrote:I could not possibly agree more. For some weird reason I just DON'T want them to turn Woodies into a power army. The thought of a bunch of johnny-come-lately power gamers who would not have given the Wood Elves the time of day six months ago suddenly deciding that it is now the must have army really bothers me. Going by the last few releases they seem to have largely gotten over this "army creep" madness. Perhaps they will improve up to standards without being ridiculous. I live in hope.
So true, it's nice to turn up at tournaments and be the only Wood Elf player or one of very few, it has a sort of uniqueness to it and a talking point. I really don't want them to become the new power army which every top table tournament player will be taking, otherwise it turns the Wood Elves into 'that army', where you're no longer the guy playing because he likes the army but because he wants to win. I've seen it happen. I'm really not interested in the winning, if it's a walkover then what's the point? I prefer a balanced battle where the tactics win the day, not the fact you're hitting on 2s rerolling misses with your S7 attacks and rerolling your 1+ armour saves. I actually started Warhammer with Warriors of Chaos and eventually quit them for the Wood Elves as my friends stopped being a challenge to play against. I had a 100% win ratio. This was back in 7th where the Chaos Knights were just insane, they cleared most of the board on their own. I really don't want to return to those days, if GW makes a mess of the new Wood Elf book there's a very good chance I'll say goodbye to the hobby.
"I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context." - The Tick