Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Plastic kit predictions

Post by greenman »

Going from the options in the original post, I think we'll get:

Kit #1: Treeman

Kit #2: Eternal Guard

Kit #3: Wardancers

Some kind of new cavalry unit, or new models for an existing one.

Also a couple of special characters, maybe Skarloc and Ariel.

I also get the feeling that we'll see some kind of all-female unit being that both the Dark Elves and High Elves got one of those.

Actually, that seems like a huge release. But those would be my hunches anyway.

But my hope is that we get a giant owl, sort of like this:

https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/elf- ... t-owl.html
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarfs, Beastmen, Dark Eldar

Post by Samoht »

Dalsgaard wrote:Haha! Yeah sorry about that brainfart.
:D
Flying tree chariot... :paranoid:
Dalsgaard wrote: I love the idea of owls and falcons! Owls bring some magic and falcons harder hitting?
This though :thumbsup:

I think Warhawks and Owls combo plastic kit is the one I'm hoping for the most.

Then Wild Riders, because I find their current models really dull and they really should be exciting minis.

Eternal Guard would be my third choice.

Treeman and either Treeman ancient, or rock throwing version is almost certain and will hopefully look great, but I can live without it as decent Treemen models can be found for whatever your taste is.
Pigey
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Pigey »

Samoht wrote:
Dalsgaard wrote: I love the idea of owls and falcons! Owls bring some magic and falcons harder hitting?
This though :thumbsup:

I think Warhawks and Owls combo plastic kit is the one I'm hoping for the most.
Totally agree on that.
EG, WW & WD + Treeman are the ones I would like to have too (+characters). But I really don't see how they'd do that with their dual kits thing.. EG, WW and WD are so different that... erh... I really don't see it.

As for the rest, WR and Treekins... Meh, never was too fond of them. Fluff wise and model wise. But I know they are the ones people usually like in terms of power, so I'd say there is a good chance for these kits to be made.

But from a realistic point of view, we will never get everything:
-EG
-WD
-Treekins
-WR
-WW
-Treeman
-characters

And, really, I don't see any dual kit possible here... WW + WD ?? WW + EG ?? WD + EG ????? WR + ???? I'm lost hahaha...
valmir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by valmir »

Purely pragmatically speaking, I suspect there'll be a focus on replacing kits that are currently metal/fine cast only. I think we'll probably keep our current plastic kits, as long as that doesn't overlap with a dual kit.

Therefore, things I guess would be possible are:
- wild riders (dual kit with either gr or new cav unit)
- infantry dual kit (my guess would be EG and WD)

Beyond this, it's hard to say. If I were gw, I'd keep the current gg and release a separate "upgrade kit" to make ww (or else include the extra sprue to "magically" turn it into a dual kit).

I think it goes without saying that there is a new tree man and treekin coming.
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

All this speculation is killing me =P

I'll go out on the line and say 100% chance none of our plastics will change at all.

EG plastic POSSIBLE dual kit with maybe WW seeing as legs could easy be used for both as long as they get bows, cape, cool heads. That's probably very easy to do.

New Treeman with possible cool bits for upgrades and such to ancient / special character

Other than that War Dancers have a great chance at plastic.

Treekin not so much and we all hope for warhawk riders but even that seems slim...
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

valmir wrote:The crappy thing is that, even if you're right, it costs soooooo much money to fight a lawsuit like this. I don't know how Chapter House managed (but I got the sense at the time that their lawyers were working pro bono).
Yup, they were. I might ping that company and ask them :-)
~gwh
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
godswearhats
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by godswearhats »

OK, I just did.
Rank and Flank: A Warhammer: The Old World Podcast and Discord
valmir
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by valmir »

[THUMBS UP SIGN]
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Samoht »

Stag. The current stag model is weird, but it should be awesome. Something like a majestic proud stance like Thranduil from the Hobbit.

I'm hoping we don't get a whole unit of them.
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Why would they do just one ?

We need a unicorn too. What about Unit Unicorn ! that would be amazing ! :eek:
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Samoht »

frogboy wrote:Why would they do just one ?

I just prefer the great stag and unicorn as special unique mounts for characters, rather than a whole units. For some reason I just think whole units of stags will look daft, just my own feelings though, I can't think of any sustainable argument about why we shouldn't get stag units.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

I agree Samoht :D I wouldn't really want a unit of Stags or unicorns.

I do think we'll get a rather small model release too :(

I am just hoping for a good rule update and a nice balanced competitive book. I have all he models I need. I probably get whatever new hero models, warhawks if they are plastic, new treeman and a Dragon if released in plastic. Of course any new units would be purchased depending on whether I thought they looked awesome or were good in the game.
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
Samoht
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Samoht »

I keep forgetting about our dragon, it is basically (spite update aside) an ancient outdated model and really looks it compared to all the newer plastic dragons the other armies have gained.
hutobega
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Orcs and goblins, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves.

Post by hutobega »

True we have an older dragon and most armies monsters have been updated... We could see one someday hmmm
How do we prove we exist? Maybe we don't...
frogboy
Elder of the Council
Armies I play: WoC (Nurgle), Just starting a Slannesh WoC for 8th, CSM(Khorne/Nurgle), Starting to build a Waaagh

Post by frogboy »

Samoht wrote:
frogboy wrote:Why would they do just one ?

I just prefer the great stag and unicorn as special unique mounts for characters, rather than a whole units. For some reason I just think whole units of stags will look daft, just my own feelings though, I can't think of any sustainable argument about why we shouldn't get stag units.
Well I thought a similar thing about Juggernaughts of Khorne, now look what we got, people love them (well chaos players doz) who knows, anything is possible it's fantasy :D

Also I think our Dragon looks great so wouldn't put that at the top of my wish list.
Its been too long since we burned a heretic, witch hunt anyone !??
sentinalofthewoods wrote:yes, unicorn riders that shoot rainbows..hell yeah
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

If you look at the history of 8th Ed new units so far, the overwhelming front runners are Monsters, followed by Flyers and either Monstrous Cavalry or Infantry. In theory, Wood Elves have the potential to accommodate all three of those unit types - the chances of getting at least one of them then are pretty high. Stag Knights are right up there on my list of potentials..
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Zefiris
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, High Elves, Eldar, Kroot, Space Wolves

Post by Zefiris »

Beithir Seun wrote:If you look at the history of 8th Ed new units so far, the overwhelming front runners are Monsters, followed by Flyers and either Monstrous Cavalry or Infantry. In theory, Wood Elves have the potential to accommodate all three of those unit types - the chances of getting at least one of them then are pretty high. Stag Knights are right up there on my list of potentials..
What would be awesome is if WildRiders can upgrade their horses to Stags as an upgrade option.
greenman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by greenman »

Samoht wrote: I think Warhawks and Owls combo plastic kit is the one I'm hoping for the most.

Then Wild Riders, because I find their current models really dull and they really should be exciting minis.

Eternal Guard would be my third choice.

Treeman and either Treeman ancient, or rock throwing version is almost certain and will hopefully look great, but I can live without it as decent Treemen models can be found for whatever your taste is.
I really hope they release some kind of Warhawk-sized owls or even a huge owl, something like a giant forest-spirit-mutated owl the size of a dragon? :eek:

That would be amazing if Forge World released a large resin kit along those lines, but it's probably just wishful thinking :roll:

But the one thing I'm worried about with the new Treeman that we're probably going to get, is that I already have two of the current Treemen painted and based. But what if the new Treeman is on a larger base? So I'm hoping that the new "Treeman" is actually not a replacement for the current one, just a Treeman Ancient / Durthu kit.
Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

I would think wd and ww could work for a dual kit. Use the same torsos and legs, maybe some of the same heads, but different arms, cloaks for the ww, and hooded heads.

I still expect us to get a regular core elven melee infantry unit, could easily be done as dual kit with eg.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
Gwill_of_the_Woods
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, AoS - Dwarf/Empire mix

Post by Gwill_of_the_Woods »

greenman wrote: But the one thing I'm worried about with the new Treeman that we're probably going to get, is that I already have two of the current Treemen painted and based. But what if the new Treeman is on a larger base? So I'm hoping that the new "Treeman" is actually not a replacement for the current one, just a Treeman Ancient / Durthu kit.
Hey don't worry man, if the Treeman does get moved to a larger base then your 2 already painted Treemen don't need to be made obsolete. You could buy one of the large bases and make a mini-diorama. Two treemen on the one big base to represent the new treeman.

Then if you wanted to use a list with 2 treemen, you could get the new kit, still have the fun of making & painting a brand new model whilst also having the use out of your old models. :D

I am definitely going to find a use for my treeman, "Treeman-Billy". I'll either get a large base stick him in the middle with some converted scenery or make a little diorama.

I have actually put a good bit of thought into it as I figured the'd make the change.
Long live the King in the Woods!!!
greenman
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by greenman »

Gwill_of_the_Woods wrote:
greenman wrote: But the one thing I'm worried about with the new Treeman that we're probably going to get, is that I already have two of the current Treemen painted and based. But what if the new Treeman is on a larger base? So I'm hoping that the new "Treeman" is actually not a replacement for the current one, just a Treeman Ancient / Durthu kit.
Hey don't worry man, if the Treeman does get moved to a larger base then your 2 already painted Treemen don't need to be made obsolete. You could buy one of the large bases and make a mini-diorama. Two treemen on the one big base to represent the new treeman.

Then if you wanted to use a list with 2 treemen, you could get the new kit, still have the fun of making & painting a brand new model whilst also having the use out of your old models. :D

I am definitely going to find a use for my treeman, "Treeman-Billy". I'll either get a large base stick him in the middle with some converted scenery or make a little diorama.

I have actually put a good bit of thought into it as I figured the'd make the change.
Have there been any rumors about the base size of this new Treeman? I remember hearing that it was as tall as the Ogre Thundertusk's banner.

...Okay, I just looked up the rumor and apparently it's on the new monster base as well.

But is that the Arachnarok base they're talking about? If it is, that thing is enormous. My Treemen will look like Treebabies next to it. Oh well, I guess I'll just make a new unit called Treebaby.
SherrBear
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by SherrBear »

If they scaled the current model to the size of the arachnarok base then that thing would be flippin huge- the current once covers the whole base so it would have to be at least like 40k titan sized, which personally i would love to play with because it would be epic, but it would also be pretty costly.

Honestly im not sure if i even want a new treeman model- im perfectly happy with the current one. I'd much prefer they change other metal into plastic.
Findecano
Bladesinger
Bladesinger
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Tomb Kings, Empire, Orcs & Goblins, Witch Hunters, Necrons

Post by Findecano »

SherrBear wrote:If they scaled the current model to the size of the arachnarok base then that thing would be flippin huge- the current once covers the whole base so it would have to be at least like 40k titan sized, which personally i would love to play with because it would be epic, but it would also be pretty costly.

Honestly im not sure if i even want a new treeman model- im perfectly happy with the current one. I'd much prefer they change other metal into plastic.
I think a new treeman on an Arachnarok base will look very, very different to the current one, probably a lot less humanoid and more like a tree-monster or forest elemental. We'll have to wait and see.

I have the old metal, but I'm also using a lotr plastic Ent as my second, IMHO that's a much better model than the current finecast one.
MyNameDidntFit wrote:I actually play Wood Elves because I saw this forum with threads like this and thought to myself "I could go for a bit of patting myself on the back for being awesome, I should start Wood Elves so I can join in" ;)
"Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima!"
Ironbeard
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Ironbeard »

I heard about wood elves release schedule from my local shop. and he always gives detailed information. I'm living in Korea, and there is only one local shop in here. We have a very good advantage that we always receive new models earlier than anywhere.

now information is
1. Wood elves will the next fantasy release, and it will be in second quarter.
2. there will be three plastic box kits that may be replace current models. and also there will be a one monster kit.

this is all i heard. he didnt say anything more especially about plastic character or other rule things.
Dalsgaard
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Dalsgaard »

Ironbeard wrote:I heard about wood elves release schedule from my local shop. and he always gives detailed information. I'm living in Korea, and there is only one local shop in here. We have a very good advantage that we always receive new models earlier than anywhere.

now information is
1. Wood elves will the next fantasy release, and it will be in second quarter.
2. there will be three plastic box kits that may be replace current models. and also there will be a one monster kit.

this is all i heard. he didnt say anything more especially about plastic character or other rule things.
1. Warhawks/owls
2. EG/wardancers
3. Wild riders/priests of kournos
4. Treeman/TM character

In a perfect world...mine anyways...