Wood Elf Rumors

Moderator: Council of Elders

aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Wood Elf Rumors

Post by aPickledGinger »

I heard these while listening to Pointhammered. Remember these are rumors, no word on when a new book is scheduled to appear or how valid the changes are.

- Toughness 4 for Highborn, Nobles and Spellweavers

- Great Stag Monstrous Cav

- Tree Mammoth: arachnarok sized Tree Monster with Howdah for Glade Guard. T 10 with 8 wounds. Flammable (of course)

- Dryads: Rank Up, become weapon skill 5 and drop to initiative 5

- Forest Spirits ward save changes to a 6+ full ward

- Glade Guard keep bows, Glade Guard Scouts also use Glade Guard Bows

Hopefully this is more than hopeful talking and we are looking at a upcoming release soon!

-Josh
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Kulgan86
Campaign Team

Re: Wood Elf Rumors

Post by Kulgan86 »

- Toughness 4 for Highborn, Nobles and Spellweavers
I would only accept T4 for Glamourwave / Forest spirit characters. Never for regular elves.
- Great Stag Monstrous Cav
nice!

- Dryads: Rank Up, become weapon skill 5 and drop to initiative 5
I'd hate to see them loose skirmish....
- Forest Spirits ward save changes to a 6+ full ward
This is what we're fearing the most : they're making our units worse instead of better. I would much rather keep the 5+ against non magical..

thanks for sharing!!
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Hi Josh. Thanks for sharing. Sorry that these will be debated and shot down to death.

some of those sound good, but I wonder how much of it is wishlisting. What is Pointhammered, a podcast? with GW being so lockdown on rumours these days I would be impressed if some true ones got out.

Again, thanks for sharing them.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

I too would also rather keep the 5+ ward save instead of a True 6+ ward save. That is a joke in comparison to other armies that can have True Ward Saves of 4+ on a whole unit. Our Forest Spirits live in a magical forest for centuries and they do not recieve a ward save against magic, that is the most backwards logic ever. GW should just make the 5+ ward save a True Ward save and leave it at that.

I hope we get some actually useful magic banners since the only plausible one to use is the Banner of Springtide and this is only used on Glade Guard.

I think Dryads should be kept the way they are. WS 5 for a core unit doesnt make sense, and their Initiative 6 makes them good to use against many armies, and in the case of some High Elf units prevents them from re-rolling to hit against our Dryads.

What they need to work on is Wardancers, Eternal Guard, Wild Riders, Glade Riders, Warhawk Riders (man thats a lot of Riders) as well as making Waywatchers actually worth their points since lethal shot, BS5 and a -2 to hit from shooting is barely worth the double point cost of our regular Glade Guard.
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

Unless the Wood Elf book is right around the corner (which it isn't) all of these have to be taken with a huge bucketload of salt. GW have been getting tighter and tighter with rumours so, like Popisdead, I can't help but feel this is simply wishlisting rather than any degree of concrete information.
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Tachunka
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves and Space Wolves

Post by Tachunka »

We will have a worse army with those rumors. Dryads should be able to rank up during charge movement if a musician present but not lose skirmish. Forest spirit should be a full 5+ ward save. Glade Guard, Glade Guard Scouts, Glade Riders should all have Glade Guard bows. Waywatchers should be able to snipe characters.
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Shandrakor »

WS 5 for Core troops isn't really out of the ordinary for fighty troops in elite armies. Look at Dwarves for instance, they have Longbeards with WS 5 core. Chaos Warriors are WS 5 Core no? What else... I'm sure there's others.

The Initiative reduction on Dryads does kinda blow though and 6+ true ward save instead of 5+ like the Daemon treatment seems kind of unlikely.

T4 fighty Lords makes sense, but not really the Nobles or Wizards.

Tree Mammoth doesn't even sound right let alone look right when I imagine one... The Howdah thing sounds like something that came out of the Weald of Evolution.

Speaking of stuff that came from the Weald... most of that info did so it sounds like a bunch of speculation instead of useful information.
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

My friend who surfs the web a lot daily said he has heard that the Wood Elf AB would be released after the TK AB was released. I mean what other army could be getting updated next, Ogre Kingdoms and possibly Brets but other than that I dont see other armies that are in as DIRE a need for a new AB as we are and the two I just mentioned.

As for GW keeping rumours tight it is almost impossible to keep things from leaking out completely. People slip up and say things by accident and then it can spread. Someone can mention something to their friend and it gets passed around forums and spreads.

I guess only time will tell when we get a new AB but I hope we are up in the front of the line of an AB to be released.
cyberspite
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by cyberspite »

I hope so too, but I wouldn't hold your breath. The majority of the rumours I have heard point towards ogres next, then either us or bretts, and with storm of magic this summer I don't think we'll see anything until either late this year or early next. I did read on warseer that the 3-ups, or whatever it is, for the sculpts had been passed, but again, it is only a rumour and doesn't mean they've started on the book yet.
TreePunk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by TreePunk »

I hope so too, but I wouldn't hold your breath. The majority of the rumours I have heard point towards ogres next, then either us or bretts
I heard the same thing and as much as i wish are AB comes out first Im almost completely certain that Bretts will be out with theirs before us :(
Beithir Seun
The Philosopher
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Bretonnians | Sylvaneth, Soulblight Gravelords | Astra Militarum, Tau

Post by Beithir Seun »

I don't know what rumours your friend's been reading Breeze, but this is the first I've heard of anyone saying Wood Elves are next after Tomb Kings. The schedule has always been Tomb Kings, Ogres, Brets (or vice versa), and Wood Elves are still floating around in the Aethyr. I've seen, heard and read nothing that suggests that's changed. At best, if production on miniatures has only just started then our book is certainly not going to be out after Tomb Kings, and probably not even before the end of the year. If I remember correctly, the turnaround for plastics is 12~18 months. I've said Spring 2012 for Wood Elves, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. At this rate, we may even get Dwarfs before Wood Elves...
Carrot and Stick ~ Beithir's Blog
Breeze
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Breeze »

This may be a good thing because I do not mind our current AB. Well I mean there are parts that need fixing and a lot of lists are based around 3 units (Glade Guard, Dryads, and Treekin). Just wishful thinking on my part I guess, it would be nice to see us get one in the near future along with the release of new units. Just to think what Monster would GW give the Brets ???
cyberspite
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by cyberspite »

Well, seeing as we're properly rumour mongering here :paranoid: I had heard they are supposed to be getting a giant grail relique(sp?) / trebuchet kit
TreePunk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by TreePunk »

Well, seeing as we're properly rumour mongering here :paranoid: I had heard they are supposed to be getting a giant grail relique(sp?) / trebuchet kit
Heard the same thing, Cyberspite Im guessing youve been reading the same thread as me on warseer :p , Breeze heres more info if u want..
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301651
cyberspite
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by cyberspite »

Busted! Yeh that's the one, but just remember, everything you read on warseer is 100% FACT. lol
TreePunk
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by TreePunk »

So true though :D , i just looked through it again and noticed that Harry did say that Bretts wont be out near the end of the year so maybe we will be out before them :p
Aemir
Bladesinger
Bladesinger

Post by Aemir »

6+ Ward save is with the same price would be sad story.. <.<
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

Shandrakor wrote:. Chaos Warriors are WS 5 Core no? What else... I'm sure there's others..
hehe the fact it was upgraded Dwarf Longbeards and the defacto Chaos Warriors shows something about the rarity. the first chuckle i had was "oh dryads,.. the new nekid Chaos Warrior"

The only thing substatial about Wood Elves we have read was Harry or Hastings last autumn saying something akin to "Wood Elves are on the radar" but dropped hints it could have been anything or that they knew they were an army that would need a redo.
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"
Cynath Auren
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Cynath Auren »

Beithir Seun wrote:I don't know what rumours your friend's been reading Breeze, but this is the first I've heard of anyone saying Wood Elves are next after Tomb Kings. The schedule has always been Tomb Kings, Ogres, Brets (or vice versa), and Wood Elves are still floating around in the Aethyr. I've seen, heard and read nothing that suggests that's changed. At best, if production on miniatures has only just started then our book is certainly not going to be out after Tomb Kings, and probably not even before the end of the year. If I remember correctly, the turnaround for plastics is 12~18 months. I've said Spring 2012 for Wood Elves, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. At this rate, we may even get Dwarfs before Wood Elves...
I remember the happy days of waiting for the current army book.... and waiting.... and waiting.... until every army was updated, and then, then - they released a new army! I am under no illusions about GW's prioritising Wood Elves. Not any more...
aPickledGinger
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by aPickledGinger »

Beithir Seun wrote:. I've said Spring 2012 for Wood Elves, but that's looking increasingly unlikely. At this rate, we may even get Dwarfs before Wood Elves...
Spring 2012 would be metaphoric to the rebirth of the army...
Josh
.-=Low Comp Crew=-.
.-=Leadership 2=-.
@aPickledGinger
Lain
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Forest Spirits

Post by Lain »

From two different sources, both normally reliable:

OK, Bretts, Dwarves, Woodies.

Ok this year, Woodies - December 2012...

I don´t believe that the Dwarves will be out before us, but usually they know better...
there is a fine line between hobby and mental illness - dave barry
Jerubaal
Trusted Bowman
Trusted Bowman

Post by Jerubaal »

So how do GW announce it when they are axing an army?! Or do they just never re-do the army book?
Shandrakor
Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Sentinel

Post by Shandrakor »

They never redo the book and don't allow it in tournaments like Ard Boyz for instance. Chaos Dwarves are an example if I recall correctly.
Lain wrote:Ok this year, Woodies - December 2012...
Oh and what do you mean this year? 2012 is next year...
Well, my ideas for the next book turned out to be a bust.
But it was still fun working on something of this scale.
For those who care:
http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22620
sirkently
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Lizardmen, Necrons

Post by sirkently »

Shandrakor wrote:They never redo the book and don't allow it in tournaments like Ard Boyz for instance. Chaos Dwarves are an example if I recall correctly.
Lain wrote:Ok this year, Woodies - December 2012...
Oh and what do you mean this year? 2012 is next year...
I think the OK means Ogre Kingsdoms, which he says are for this year. Wood elves in 2012.
Lain
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Forest Spirits

Post by Lain »

Shandrakor wrote: Oh and what do you mean this year? 2012 is next year...
Aye, next year...
there is a fine line between hobby and mental illness - dave barry