Question about Lord on Great Eagle Model

Moderator: Council of Elders

matthewmw64
Newcomer
Newcomer

Question about Lord on Great Eagle Model

Post by matthewmw64 »

Hi All,

I'm pretty keen to include a Great Eagle in my force, but I don't particularly want to go through the hassle of getting one from the UK (I'm in NZ)

So, my question is, how suitable is the one in the Lord on Great Eagle Box? Is there anything on the Eagle's back (holes, grooves, etc) that are there for the Lord to stand on, or is it clear of this sort of thing? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew
War Hampster
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Question about Lord on Great Eagle Model

Post by War Hampster »

I think it's 2 distinct models with no holes / grooves etc.
Darwinn69
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Darwinn69 »

Their is definaly one noticeable hole in the back of the eagle where the nobels foot goes. However, if you are good with green stuff it should be possible to fill that in.
Hyarion
Elder of the Council

Post by Hyarion »

It should be easy enough to cover with GS. Additionally, that method gives you a model you can mount on a spare base and get a hero out of it.
The Warrior of the Silver Flame
I hold the Glaive of Law against the Earth.

If you refuse to capitalize on your strengths or make the most of your opponent's weaknesses, you are begging to lose.
There is no combat without movement.

Flinsh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Flinsh »

Hi.
I will refresh this topic :) I dont like Lord on Eagle wich is avaible now in GW and i have find some old lord pictures (5th ed i gues).

Here is photo: http://www.google.pl/imgres?start=406&c ... 17&ndsp=27

You guys think this is original GW Lord model? I think eagle is not from the same box. I've seen pictures (wich I cant find now) of same model but with diffrend eagle, wich has wings more up like in "V" shape.
I'm just wondering is this is original GW model cuz I can buy same from my friend's frend :)
Coyle_Ravane
Wild Hunter
Wild Hunter
Armies I play: Wood Elves, Tau, Imperial guard (Tau auxilleries)

Post by Coyle_Ravane »

I had one of those (may still have it somewhere), I think that's the old warhawk rider champion, there where several sets of wings which went at different angles (and you could change whether they went up or down by just switching sides). The eagles where very similar though, so it could be an eagle with the rider from the warhawks on it.

I'm looking in my old wood elf army book and it doesn't have any photos of the warhawk rider models, they must have been done after the release, but the drawing of a warhawk rider depicts him in a waistcoat like the one this model has. On closer examination, the bird appears to be this eagle.
Minty wrote:...if you've been killed by a Wood Elf it's nothing personal, but Charles Darwin is smiling with approval.
Flinsh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Armies I play: Wood Elves

Post by Flinsh »

Well it seems to be the same eagle :) I still have to find out is it champion or lord but great thanks for help!
popisdead
Former Council Member

Post by popisdead »

War Hampster wrote:I think it's 2 distinct models with no holes / grooves etc.
there is a hole but you'll need to pin it anyway. i used the fine cast GW character cutting the tree off the feet. then pinned under the crotch and top of the eagle neck.

hope that helps
everything plog
ork plog

"Yaaay for T7 Grots!"